Chapter 7

Ingo’s Pov

“I-” I was cut off when Lyra said

“We’ll give you the amulets you’re talking about!” Lyra shouted as everyone looked at her in shock while the figure smirked

“Oh~ Well, that’s sweet of you. Now hand them over!” the figure said as he put up a hand.

“L-Lyra, did you even notice what you’ve done?!” I shouted as Lyra looked at me

“Our main objective was to get Emmet back safe and sound and we’re doing just that.” Lyra explained

“B-But-”I was cut off

“Castor, Ralph, give me your amulets” Lyra commanded as the two looked at each other

“Don’t do it!” I shouted

But they didn’t listen, they had given Lyra their amulets as Lyra took her amulet off and threw it at the figure in which he successfully caught.

“Thank you for your cooperation~ Now, you can have your Emmet back. ‘Till we meet again, Ciao~” the figure said before disappearing into thin air.

The force field around Emmet slowly disappeared as I ran up to him

“Emmet!” I shouted as I took him into my arms.

He was still asleep. I sighed in relief as I looked at everyone and they smiled at me.

We had completed our mission but I can’t help but think that this isn’t over.

We had brought Emmet back to our house and we placed him in his room. I noticed that everyone was tired so I told my chandelure to fetch us some drinks. A few minutes passed since we got our drinks so we decided to talk.

“Say, Ingo,” Ralph began as I looked up from my tea “You seemed a bit out of character awhile ago when you were facing those guards that were guarding the marvelous bridge. What happened to your usual calm attitude?” Ralph asked as I put my tea on my plate.

“Oh, is that so? I’m only like that if I’m in a hurry especially if it’s got something to do with Emmet. It’s sort of like a twin thing or something like that. But I do apologize for my behavior earlier this afternoon” I apologized as I looked at Emmet.

“Maybe we should continue this conversation downstairs. I really don’t want to wake my brother up yet” I said as looked at everyone who nodded in agreement.

When we went downstairs we sat down on separate sofas before talking.

“Excuse me, ms. Lyra” I began as Lyra looked at me “But do you mind telling me why you are still hiding the real amulets?” I asked as her eyes widen in shock