↳ - 02

—sᴇᴏ ᴋᴀɴɢᴊᴜɴ

—sᴇᴏ ᴋᴀɴɢᴊᴜɴ.

"YAH han yuhui! yuhui!!" i panted heavily while running to catch up to the girl that was basically blowing off steam through the empty halls.

finally when i caught up to a few feet behind her, and reached out and grabbed yuhui's wrist tightly, stopping her.

she turned around—and gave me the scariest expression i've ever seen in my entire life. i basically cowered in front of the five-foot-something girl.

"don't give me that look." i said.

"let go. i'm just going to my room. i want to be by myself." yuhui said.

i tsked. "you liar." finally letting go of her hand, i walked side by side with her, continuing down the path she was on.

"why did dad have to marry her out of all people? she's crazy, a crazy, bitchy, and ugly woman." yuhui said, irritation clearly lingering in her tone of voice.

i let out a sigh. "you can't go off like this every time. she'll keep conspiring against you."

"i give no shits." she replied.

i stifled a laugh. "stop your rebellious teenager act, yuhui." i flicked her in the head.

"i am not being a rebellious teenager!"

"shh, this empty hall will carry your loud voice all around the building."

yuhui simply rolled her eyes and sped up her walking.

i caught up to her, staring at her annoyed side-profile. she was beautiful. but everyone already knew that.

"stop staring."

i took the chance and grabbed her hand, holding it tightly. she didn't even flinch or say anything in response, as this was something she should be used to by now.

"by the way, on my way out i heard your dad is planning on bringing seven detectives into seoul to catch those guys." i said.

she scoffed. "i doubt he would even care if this city goes down in flames. there's always a hidden motive in his actions. one that benefits himself only."

"it sounds like a good idea to me though. i heard they're basically superheroes according to the citizens of busan." i replied.

yuhui chuckled and clicked her tongue. "you're only saying that because you want to get on my dad's good side..."

"am not!"

"yes you are, stop trying so hard."

"i give everything my all, so that's asking for a lot."

• • •