Chapter One

Lapis POV

I take a sip of my coffee, walking into the living room and plopping on the couch next to amythest, who is explaining a joke.

I contenue to drink, opening my book and trying to ignore 2 of my other roommates, garnet and pearl, as they argue over something again.

But sadly, there is one roomate I cannot ignore.

A sleepy peridot, ruffled messy blonde hair, stumbles through rubbing her eyes.

"Pearl please tell me there's coffee... and for the love of god stop going on about the stupid plate." She growls, entering the kitchen. Pearl crosses her arm and makes a humph noise, then retreats back toward her room.

I force myself to stare at the book, but the words are now blurry. I growl quietly in annoyance and set it down, focusing on my coffee.

Peridot walks back in with her own mug, sitting on the floor just in front of me and switching on the TV.

Amythest giggles, looking down at the blonde. "Someone looks grumpy~"

Peridot doesn't bother to turn. "Not grumpy. Tired. Pearl and garments bickering doesn't seem to end and it's hard to sleep with them doing so." She leaned back casually against my legs, sipping her coffee then grumbling to herself.

I swallow, tensing my toes and looking at her. Her large shirt barely stayed on, so her shoulder was exposed, and so we're the majority of her legs.

Her pale-ish skin was smooth and clear, her blonde hair soft and fluffy, and I'm sure her eyes would still be the deep forest green I saw everyday.

I clench my jaw and look down, sipping my coffee again and trying not to blush.

I didn't understand this. Out of everyone, peridot ignored me the most. The little she did talk to me she resorted to using my last name Lazuli, as if she WANTED to irritate me.

But for some reason I thought about her nearly 24/7.

I mindlessly sipped my cup, but I had run out. I would've, in most situations, gotten up to either put my cup up or get more, but peridot had settled her back against my legs, and I couldn't bring myself to move.

So instead, I just leaned back and let out a small sigh, cupping my mug with both hands.

Amythest noticed, and raised a brow. "Something wrong, water witch?"

"I told you not to call me that, and no. I'm fine. Just... still waking up... I guess." I hated this feeling. And lying, surprisingly.

I could feel peridots warm skin on my knees, and I closed my eyes, hating how much I kindof liked it.

"Lazuli, want me to take that?"

I opened my eyes and shot my head back up, peridot reaching up her hand and pointing to my mug. Her head was tilted and leaned back so she could make eye contact. Her eyes were half lidded, but otherwise her face was blank.

"I... uh... sure." I handed her the mug, and she popped up, heading back into the kitchen.

My legs were cold again, but I took this as a chance to retreat back to my room before I suffer anymore of peridots slight skin contact.

I closed my door, leaning against it and gripping my hair with both hands.

"What is wrong with me... she doesn't care... why do i?" I groan internally, then rub my face and flop onto my bed, stretching.

But my soon to be nap is interrupted many a phone call. I grumpily answer.

"Hello?"

"Hi lapis!"