Chapter XVI

• Dedicated to Fluff

        Matt and the rest of his team ran through the town.

        They past the mayor’s office, the burnt down Target, and various other buildings.

        Finally, they reached the alley where Tori had lead Kevin.

        “Where are they?” screamed Kevin.

        “Well they’re obviously not here,” said some other boy in the group.

        “I wasn’t asking you!” yelled Kevin, followed by the sound of a punch.

        “Hey! That was my brother! You can’t just punch him!” yelled another boy in the back.

        “I can and I did, and you better shut up about it, or else I’ll just have to punch you too!” spoke Kevin.

Matt looked over at Blaise and nodded; it was his turn to wreak some havoc.

Blaise walked right up to the little army squadron.

“Hey, who are you?”

“Isn’t her one of the freaks?”

“Get him!”

The group began to raise their weapons, but in the blink of an eye, Blaise had raised his hand, and the entire alley was enveloped in darkness.

There was a series of screams and beams of shadows shot out and plucked the army upwards, as they dropped their guns.

Then, there was light again, as all of the kids were being held in the sky by hands of darkness, and Kevin was just standing there, with his shotgun loaded and aimed at Matt.

Matt also had his hand raised, and aimed at Kevin, with Jacob, whose leg was now bandaged, at his side.

“Hey, Kevin.”

“Hello, Matt.”

“Where’s that little girlfriend of yours?”

Alex, who was at the back of the group, started moving restlessly.

Stupid moron.

“You know, that girlfriend that was there with you, when I killed Mark,” continued Kevin.

“What, you mean the one behind you?”

Kevin spun around, as Rose, now a kangaroo, jumped and landed a nicely placed kick to the ribs, which finished off with the sound of a crunching of ribs.

Kevin also dropped gun, when he fell.

Kevin, now without weapon, looked up helplessly at Matt and Jacob who were standing above him.

“Matt! We came to help!”

The entire group spun around as Daniel and Emily came running down the alley both holding a rifle.

“Outside the house, we found to guys who looked pretty badly beat up, but next to them we found these,” said Daniel holding up the rifles, “So we decided to come and help you!”

“I already told you guys to stay in the house! I don’t want you guys to get hurt. I don’t know what I would do if-” Matt was cut off by a loud booming noise.

Matt looked back to see that Kevin while matt hadn’t been paying attention, had picked up his shotgun, which was now aimed at Daniel and Emily.

Matt looked back at the two siblings, as various red dots formed along Emily’s shirt.

Time began to slow around Matt. Everyone was staring at the siblings.

Kevin was saying something while laughing maniacally. Matt couldn’t quite make out what Kevin was saying, it was as if he was saying it from the other side of an invisible wall.