The lake

In about ten minutes, we arrived at the beach. We got out of the car and grabbed our things. We headed towards the rentals and rented a nice, big blue paddle board for the both of us to share. We each grabbed ourselves life jackets and headed towards the beach. "I think this one fits you," Yanjun said as he pulled out a tiny Dora life jacket. "Oh stop it," I giggled.

As we we were walking closer to the water, my heart started beating fast. I started to have a mini panic attack. I haven't swam in the water in years. I took a deep breath, and felt Yanjun's hand touch mine. "It'll be fun, trust me," he smiled, once again revealing his adorable dimples.

We took off our clothes, revealing our swim suits. I watched him as he took off his shirt, revealing his abs and all of his muscles. "Wow," I said. I didn't realize how hot and ripped he was until now. "What? Jealous?" he smirked back at me. "N-no!" I started to blush a little. "Anyways." I felt uncomfortable as I took off my clothes, especially because I was wearing a bikini. I could see at the corners of my eyes how amazed Yanjun looked. "W-what?" I tried to avoid eye contact with him. "It's sexy, you should always wear them," he chuckled and smirked. I punched him in the shoulder, laughing with him.

"Let's get going shall we?" We pushed the paddle board into the water. "I'll paddle, you sit in the front," Yanjun said. I nod and sat down facing towards the front. "Are you ready?" he asked. "Yep." He pushed the board deeper into the water and then jumped on, sitting right behind me.

He started to paddle out onto the lake, slowly moving away from the shore. "See? This isn't too bad, right?" "You're right," I smiled.

I looked down into the water, seeing absolutely nothing but darkness. I got startled a bit, but it wasn't too bad. I plunge my hand into the water as we were moving. The water was nice and refreshing. "Today's such a beautiful day,"
I said. "It sure is, babe." My eyes widened. My heart slowly started to beat fast. We both smiled.

Yanjun stopped paddling as we got in the middle of the lake. The lake was nice and calm. "So, how do you like it so far?" he asked. "It's great so far. Thanks for taking me here, Yanjun." "No problem."

"So, are you ready?" he asked. "Ready for what?" "You'll see," as he smirked at me. I raised an eyebrow at him. "Stand up." I stood up in confusion. I slowly stood up, trying to keep my balance on the paddle board. "Yanjun, what are you-" he picked me up bridal style and plunged us into the water. "Yanjun!" I screamed as we got up from the surface. "Haha!" Yanjun laughed. "Ahh! Refreshing isn't it?" as he combed back his hair. "Thanks, I guess." "Your welcome," he replied.

Yanjun started to swim towards the paddle board, in which was kind of far from where we were since we jumped off. He got on all soaking wet as he paddled towards me. To be honest, the water was refreshing and relaxing as I was floating in the water.

As Yanjun paddled right in front of me, he reached his hand out to me. I grabbed onto his hand, pulling me in onto the board and out of the water. As I placed my knee on the board, slowly trying to get on, he took
the opportunity and bent down to reach in and kiss me, putting his soft lips onto mine.

_______________________________

Author's Note

In this short fanfic, the only POV is Meihua