Liberté!

In her life time she had dreamed many times, most of which had been quite pleasant.

There was the time when she had dreamed she was a princess, with jewels so large the sun had no choice but to shine on them.

Then there was the time she dreamt she was a fairy, with wings of gold and starlight, who was adored by all.

She once too dreamed she would become a famous musician, who's symphonies would move thousands.

Or a mermaid with beautiful shells in her hair.

She dreamt of fairy tales and magic, love and sacrifice.

Later she stopped dreaming of fairy tales and magic, love and sacrifice but instead dreamt of war.

She dreamt of aeroplanes getting ready to drop bombs, and soldiers falling from battle.

Near the end she mostly dreamed of her homeland, France, and her Father, sister and brother's.

She dreamt of the life she could've had, the life she left behind for duty.

She dreamt the tortue would stop.

She dreamt the interrogating and the questioning would stop.

She dreamt she would be saved, but most of all she dreamt for her Mother.

Though through it all, they couldn't break her spirit.

And in her final moments, with the gun roughly pressed against her head, she dreamt of freedom.

"Liberté!"