Best friend stealer (2) - Sal Fisher x Reader

(part two) Best friend stealer - Sal Fisher x Reader

————— - time skip a few months - —————

Things have only seem to get worse. I would go weeks without even talking to Larry, and he didn't even seem to mind. He doesn't ever call me back. I haven't even seen him pull out his phone, but why would they need that when him and Sal have freaking walky talky's! Everything he needs is in that apartment building, you were a nobody to him.

This is the kind of mind set that you had developed over time. You ignored them. Pretend not to hear them when they called your name. Not sit with them at lunches. School became nothing. Friends became nothing. Your attendance had dropped so low, but you despised the feeling you would get in your chest whenever Sal tried to talk to you.

"(Y/n).... please wake up." You feel someone rubbing your arm. You slowly opened your eyes. You flinch at the bright sun coming in from your window.

You look to the side of you and see your mom. "What?" You ask in a groggy voice. "You need to get to school hon. I'm really worried about you." You groan. "Nooooooo" You wine, putting the blanket over your head.

"(Y/n). I'm not going to ask you again. Please get ready." You sigh, sitting up and rubbing your eyes. You stand up and grab a oversized jacket, putting it on. "I'm ready. Let's go." You say yawning. You look back at her. "Is that all you're going to do?" She asks. "I guess I can brush my hair." You say back with a shrug.

She sighs and gets up. "At least I got you out of bed. I'll go start the car. Hurry up dear." You nod as she leaves. You grab the brush and start brushing your hair. You roll you eyes and quickly apply some mascara as well. You walk to your bedroom and put a skirt on.

You walk out to the car where your mom is waiting for you, and you get in the car. You fee her start the car, you just look out of the window. It was winter time now. You had always loved the winter. You watch as the snow falls from the sky to the ground, making piles of it on lawns and roads.

She drives to the school and checks you into the school. Her and the principal talk for a while, they were good friends. You slip out of the front office after they give you a late slip. You leave to go to class. You were a little hesitant on going in. You haven't seen any of these people in weeks. You take a deep breath and push the door open. You can feel everyone's eyes on you. You ignore them and walk up to the desk and put the slip on it. Then quickly go to your seat.

You sit down, put your hood on and lay your head in your arms. "(Y/n), where have you been?" You hear Ash ask you. You ignore her and keep your head in your arms. "It's very nice of you to join us, Mrs (l/n)." The teacher says. You quietly thank her in response. You fell asleep only to be awaken minutes later by the lunch bell. You groan and lift your head up.

You grab your backpack and get up. This is going to be a long day. You look forward to see a certain blue haired boy staring at you. Your heart beats faster. "What?" You ask, looking back at him. He shakes his head like he had just noticed you were talking to him. "N-nothing." He says, grabbing his backpack and walking away. You roll your eyes and walk to your locker. Larry's locker was right next to yours. It was kind of a coincidence. None of you had planned for that to happen. You felt so lucky at the time.

Once you open it you place your backpack in there and grab some lunch money from your wallet. "Oh, hello (Y/n). Funny running into you here." You hear from behind you. You took behind you and see Travis standing here.

"Is it really that convenient? This is a school we both go to." You say walking off. He grabs your wrist before you can go any further. "Listen, I need to talk to you about something." This caught your attention.

What in the hell would the school bully need from you? You take a step towards him, and he let's go of your wrist. "What would that be?" You ask tilting your head a bit. "Well, I've noticed that you don't really talk to your friends anymore. Do you not like them?" He asks.

Why one earth would he ask you something like that? "Listen, I don't know what you're really getting at here, but I don't want to talk about it." You say leaving again. He jogs up to your side and matches your speed. "I don't like them either, especially not that Sally- whatever. I think we could be a great team (Y/n)" you stop abruptly, making him stumble a bit to stop with you.

"I said I wasn't interested. I don't like bully's and won't tolerate it. Just because someone is different from you, doesn't mean they deserve to be treated badly. Go. Away." You say firmly staring into his eyes. "You know what? Fine. I don't know why I asked you in the first place, you've always been a total bitch." He says nonchalantly before leaving.

Once he's gone you sigh and run your hand through your hair. "Why" You hear someone mutter next to you. You look over to see Sal. Your heart immediately pounds in your chest. "What?" You ask him, hoping he would clarify. "Why would you stick up for us.. for me if you don't even like us." He said looking at you.

You could only assume confusion with written all over his face. "I never said I didn't like you." You say, starting to walk again, at a slower pace then before. Sal fallowed. "Then why are you always giving me the cold shoulder? I really did think we could be friends." He said firmly. "I have my reasons." You say, trying to dishearten him.

You open the door to the outside where no one was, and continue walking. "If I don't know your reasons, I can never make it right. Please tell me why you don't like talking to me." He says stepping in front of you and stopping, causing you to stop in your tracks. "Fine. You want you know why?!" You shout. You clench your jacket in your hands. "It's because you stole my best friend!" You clench your teeth. "What?" was all Sal could say. "You heard it here. I'm a jealous, envious, resentful person. I used to do everything with Larry, and you took it away from me! He was everything I had ever looked for in a best fr- ah." You got cut off by Sal pulling you into a hug.

You didn't know what to do, hug back? Pull away? You just stood there. "I'm sorry (Y/n). I didn't know I did that to you. I had no idea you were feeling this way." He said quietly. You sighed and hugged back. "And I'm sorry that I took all my frustration out on the group." You said back to him.

You finally pulled away after a couple seconds, and looked at the ground. You could tell that you were blushing. "Here. The entire group is going to hang out in my apartment building tomorrow. You're invited." He said flashing you a smile. "I-I don't know. I don't want to intrude" you said, fiddling with your jacket pockets. "You wouldn't be. In fact, I would really enjoy it. Now, how about we go get some lunch?" He asked extending his hand. You blushed a little deeper and took it.

1347 words.