Chapter 02

"Dismiss them."

"But Sir they have been waiting for half an hour also they are ready for the presentation." Sarah, my assistant, explained.

"I said, dismiss them. End of the goddamn discussion!" I roared. I was bulging with rage. I heard her leaving my office quickly with that I smashed my fist at the wall. My knuckles started bleeding, I hated myself. My mind kept thinking about Shanet and her words, which were constricting my chest. I always fail to express myself when it comes to her. Instead of focusing on work I decided to pacify myself through a walk on the riverside.

At 8, I started to get ready for Shanet's birthday party. Even though I did not want to; but my father, as always, forced me. I wore a blackish green tuxedo with black bow tie. I grabbed the gift on my way to the venue.

Once I reached there, my eyes met the beautiful Shanet in gorgeous burgundy gown that hugged her entire body, enhancing her natural curves

Once I reached there, my eyes met the beautiful Shanet in gorgeous burgundy gown that hugged her entire body, enhancing her natural curves. Her hair were tied in loose braid, her lips were painted in a dark shade of maroon.

 Her hair were tied in loose braid, her lips were painted in a dark shade of maroon

She waved at me and I smiled in return.

"Hey, where is Uncle Alex?" she sounded very energetic.

"He'll be here soon. You loo-

"Remember what I told you yesterday?" My heart skipped a beat and I started starring at my shoes. "Good, you look really nice." She complimented.

"And you look phenomenal." I whispered. "Have fun, I'll be back. Just gotta greet the other friends."

"Wait." I pulled her hand and secured a stunningly delicate bracelet around it.

"Oh my God Ezra, it's beautiful! Thank you so much." She said cheerily.

"Anything for you, baby." I mumbled.

"And that sounded pretty cheesy. Have fun!" She said before disappearing in the crowd of people.

Everyone was having fun except for me. Everyone was dancing except for me. I was there, standing by the bar, starring at Shanet. While Shanet was dancing with a guy of around my age. He had light brown hair and beard. His hands were all over Shanet. Their bodies were twirling in sync. I gulped my drink and tried to drive my attention elsewhere, but I failed.

Shanet swayed her hips as the guy behind her started to place quick kisses on her neck. I swallowed my last sip before knocking the glass on the counter. My head was running wild, I made my was through the crowd of crazy people to Shanet.

I grabbed her by the arm and pulled her towards myself.

"What the hell, Ezra?" Shanet shrieked.

"I'm also your friend, I guess I deserve one dance." I pressed her against myself, firmly.

"Ezra, you are drunk, leave me already. We don't want any drama." She struggled in my arms whereas I refused to loose my grip.

"Why? What's so good 'bout him?" I uttered in disgust.

"Leave her alone, now!"I heard the guy shouting over the loud music.

"Or what? Are you threatening me?" I tugged Shanet to the other so I could directly face him.

"Just piss off!" He tried to snatch Shanet. Before he could proceed, I punched him on his temple. He landed on the ground with a thud.

"What the heck? Ugh, I told you not to make a scene!" Shanet screamed at the top of her lungs.

"Listen Shan-

"Just buzz out of my face you ruined it! You hear that? You ruined it!" She snarled whilst hitting my chest. And I was once again starring at the ground.

"Hey Louis, are you okay? Let's get out of here." She helped the guy I punched.

"SCREW THE CAKE! Party's over!" With that she left with the guy called Louis.

                         ♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧