Scarlets Secrets - Chapter I

The wind breezed against the waving curtains, light flickering onto the soft skin of scarlet, a sleepless disgruntled woman of secrets; the secrets that lock them selves away deep within.

Her eyes staying shut, uneasy of the blinding morning light. Her head turning back and forth, desperately attempting to avoid the unpleasant sunrise.

She groaned as she dug her nails into the soft warm covers that surround her. Forbidding the suns arrival as she hide in darkness of the shade(under the covers).

The door creaked slowly open, a sigh emerged followed by the tapping on ones arm, with the shuffle to crossed arms.

Scarlet turned away, distancing her self away from the new light, as well as the intruder of her hibernation.

Tossing and turning, tumbling down to the dusty floor.

Her arms gripping at the floor in front of her.

Grabbing onto draws. Slowly shifting it open.

"You know your already 5 minutes late." Scarlet's mother said with a disappointed tone.

Scarlet's eyes forced open, wider than natural, pulling the draw fully out, letting it fall to the ground, pulling her self up and slamming the door almost hitting her mother, face first , with the door.

Scrambling on whatever clothes she could find laid out in the pulled out draw. Sighing as she did so.

Sliding out of her room, gently closing the door as she exited.

Tiptoeing down the creaking stairs, her mother then spotting her. An awkward silence built as scarlet quickly averted her eyes from her mothers eyes.

"Afternoon." Scarlet's mother said clearing the silence.

After a quick shuffle to her phone she rolled her eyes at her mother realising the actual time.

Scarlet slowly opened the front door before slamming it shut and looking down to the path.

Her hood lifted, her light blue eyes covered by her midnight black hair, staring at nature offerings of wonder.

At the schools rusty gates, she stopped and sighed, at the ghostliness of the front of the school.

Climbing over the lower side wall, a brick sliding out of the cracked brick formation as she pulled herself over, falling down on the other side.

A uncontrolled gasp released from her lungs as she feel down onto him. Him, Skyler. Her eyes closed and opened, to lock onto his.

Her hands rested on him, her mouth slightly opened.

He could see her blue eyes, her hair shifted to one side, away from her now rosy cheeks. His mouth rested slightly open, as he stared more into her eyes. Both still startled.

Her cheeks now flushed a darker red as she moved her hands away from his chest and shoulder to cover her face.

De-straddling herself from him as she pulled her knees off of the soft ground.

He laughed as her cheeks burned.

Looking away from him. Slightly angered but still flustered.

He slowly stood up, brushing off the dirt forced onto him. His full attire of causal accord could now be seen with his cocky stance.

He stared at scarlet again, with curiosity.

He coughed. "So..?"

She looked away more.

He sniggered.

She grunted.

"Do you always jump over walls and land on people everyday or is it just me?" He said.

She rolled her eyes at him.

He cleared his throat. "Aren't you going to apologise..?" he asked, his confidence(maybe still cockiness) still locked into his actions.

She murmured a 'pathetic' apology.

Her face recovered, her hood pulled down, he wondered who she was.

He took out bubble gum, he chewed it.

She looked at him weirdly.

He attempted to make a bubble with the cheap gum.

She slightly narrowed her eyes in curiosity.

He blew a bubble, she shuffled closer, letting her face show again.

She popped it.

He glared at her.

She laughed.

He paused his death stare to think.

She stopped laughing and looked into his wondering eyes, noticing he was also looking at her, still uneasy, her face went rosy.

He stared at her and smirked. Giving her a devilish smile, her mouth slightly winded along with her eyes, he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close, so his lips almost touched her ears. "Speak much?" he whispered sarcastically.

She was engulfed by his scent which seemed so sweet. As she hesitated to whisper back "Not to you" she said with all her prowess in this battle of control. Slightly pushing him back but resisting as she liked the scent.

He pulled her back trying to do so without force, she fell back into his full grip of his arms. His lips now resting against her ear.

He whispered even quieter "But whispers are different, no?".

She rolled her eyes even though she knew he wouldn't be able to see in his current position.

Still lost in his scent, then his touch, her eyes closed by themselves. She became restless again, in full accordance to her nature of sleepless nights.

He noticed this as her feet lost strength and her arms fell around his waist. He thought again but lost his wondering state to the slight hums coming from Scarlet's soft voice.

He bit her ear, she gasped.

Scarlet become uneasy once again and pulled away from him with force, his linking arms around her breaking as he staggered slightly back.

She turned and began to run away. Skyler put his back up against the cracking walls and let his body slide down, letting crumbles of brick slide down with him. One knee up, he sat there, stared into the empty sky and thought.

~ Hai Der ~

Words, things, author comments.

(This was written before I had a name for the second main character(Skyler) and before I got to grips with how I wanted the story to flow, so this still needs a lot of editing)

I guess I'll just set some form of goal before posting the next chapter(as well as 'fixing' this one)

5 votes

>Edit<

Chapter fixed!

~ Bye Now ~