O N E

I woke up on the flimsy air mattress to the sound of knocking on my door. I rolled off the mattress and made my way downstairs. I could see a man with lots of boxes waiting for me through the glass door.
   I opened the door and smiled at the man. He held out a clipboard and said, "Please Sign."
   After I signed the paper he left. I started dragging the heavy boxes into my apartment. They were full of furniture I had ordered online.
   When it was all inside I went to He kitchen and made myself some coffee. After drinking it I took a picture of the boxes for my Instagram story and said, "I really don't want to unpack all of this and set up my furniture."
   I set my phone down next to me as I got in the floor and started opening up boxes to see what was inside.
   The first box was a tv stand that I had to put together.
   My phone rang beside me, I picked it up and looked at the name on the screen.
   Ethan.
I smiled and answered it quickly.
Emma- Hi Ethan
Ethan- Hey Emma, what's up?
Emma- Just unpacking some furniture, you?
Ethan- I'm doing absolutely nothing. Would you like me to come over and help out with the furniture?
Emma- Just you?
Ethan- Grayson's in a meeting, so yeah, just me.
Emma- sure, I would love the help.
Ethan- Cool, I'll be over in like 30 minutes.
Emma- Okay see you then.
Ethan- see ya
The phone beeped signaling that he had hung up. I ran upstairs and got in the shower and washed my hair. When I got out I got dressed in jeans and a crop top, I checked the time, he'll be here in 15 minutes.
I started drying my hair, when I finished I went back downstairs and started unpacking again.
   Soon I saw Ethan walking up to my door. He tapped on the tall windows and smiled at me. I waved, telling him to come in.
   "Hey Emma, so what are we doing?" Ethan asked as he looked at the mass of wood and screws surrounding me.
   I smiled and said, "Building a tv stand."
   "Great. When you get a tv you have to invite me over first so we can have a movie night. I will not except anything less." He replied.
   I giggled.

   He helped me put together my tv stand, kitchen table and chairs, and my bed frame.
   "Do you want to go get some lunch? because I'm starving after all of that." He asked. I looked around and said, "I guess, just let me get some shoes on and grab my wallet."
   "It's okay I can pay for your meal." He said.
   I shook my head and said, "No way, I'm paying for both. You've already helped build my furniture."
   He chuckled as I ran up the stairs, becoming winded again.
   I put on converse and laced them up and then grabbed my wallet.

   We took Ethan's car to iHOb where we got milkshakes and fries.
We talked about a lot of stuff.
   When we left and he walked me to my door, we hugged. I know it sounds crazy that I'm making a big deal out of a hug, but we've never hugged.
   "Bye Em! Thanks for the food." He said as he let go and started walking to his car.
   "Bye E! Thanks for helping me today." I yelled to him.
He smiled and waved, so did I.