T H R E E

A few weeks later it was July 3rd. Ethan and I have become closer, as friends of course. Today I was going on a road trip with him, Gray, and a photographer for a photo shoot.

   Ethan pulled into the parking lot and got out of the car. I could see him from my window. I was rushing to get my shirt on, I had changed my outfit almost six times and packed the other five in my bag.
   The bottom of my shirt got caught on my earring. Ethan saw through the glass door and laughed, he opened the door and unhooked my earring from my shirt.
   "Thanks E." I said to him. He nodded and slung my bag over his shoulder before leading me to the car. I sat in the back with their photographer friend.

  We drove six hours from town, stopping every thirty or forty minutes for pictures or gas station stops.
   Grayson pulled into a parking space in front of a hotel and said, "Guys I think we should stay the night here because if we drive home now we will get there at 3am."
   We all agreed and made our way into the hotel. We all set our things down and started getting ready to go to sleep. The twins were going to share a bed because they're twins but they realized I would be stuck sleeping next to someone I hardly knew. Grayson went to sleep and the photographer did too. Soon I myself was climbing into bed, Ethan followed shortly after.

   When I woke up Ethan was sitting beside me, shirtless, scrolling on his phone looking very interested in something. I poked his side and he looked down with a smile.
  "What are you looking at?" I asked quietly. He smiled and said, "Do you want to go to a lakeside music festival tonight to see some fireworks."
   I nodded excitedly.

  A few hours later I was in the bathroom changing to go to the lake. This time I had a bathing suit. Thank goodness.

   The photographer decided to sit in the front to talk to Grayson about some things so E and I had to sit in the back. We were playing footsie when Grayson loudly announced, "We're here!"

   Ethan cooked bbq for us as we swam. When he was done we ate and I begged him to take me out on the water ski.

    He stopped in the middle of the lake and turned to me. He smiled sweetly and asked, "Is it okay if I kiss you? Just once. Just for a minute. I won't tell anyone. I just need to do it."
   I blushed furiously as he slowly leaned in, his body twisting on the water ski. His hand was behind my head pulling me closer, I wrapped my arms around his neck and brought myself closer to him. He slowly started kissing down my neck but I didn't stop him.
   He pulled away and quickly said, "Oh god, sorry, I was just, uh,"
   I interrupted his rambling by pecking him on the lips. He smirked like he had regained his cool and said, "Okay we should probably go back I guess."
  "Probably a good idea." I replied as I wrapped my small arms around his big torso again.

" I replied as I wrapped my small arms around his big torso again

I posted pictures on Instagram, so did the boys.
On our way home I fell asleep against Ethan's arm and woke up in my bed.
Had he carried me all the way up those stairs and tucked me into bed?