Chapter 2/5 - Morty

(Y/N) knocked on the door to the Smith household. It was still early evening, so the sun was still casting a warm feeling over her body. She was nervous. Summer would be her first one-to-one student.

Suddenly, the door swung open. A man with spiky blue hair and a white lab coat- much like her own- stood behind the door.

"Um, hello. I'm (Y/N) (L/N), Summer's tutor-"

"Ye-ah, yeah, whatever. Come in." He rudely replied, burping every few words.

"Thank you." (Y/N) said politely. She stepped through the door and closed it, seeing as the man was now nowhere to be seen. Now she was stood by the door alone, left to think of what to do. She was in a student's house- what was there to do?

A pair of feet came thudding down the stairs. A boy with curly brown hair and a bright yellow t-shirt looked at her in curiosity.

"Hello, I'm (Y/N) (L/N), Summer's tutor. Is she home?"

"O-oh, yeah! I forgot you were c-coming!" The teenage boy exclaimed. He looked around 14 years old, so a little younger than Summer. 

"I'll just go get her. You can go in the dining room. It's just the room to the left." He said politely; he had more manners than that man from before, that was for sure. Y/N was sure that they couldn't be related. Perhaps he was a lodger? Maybe a family friend? Possibly, but definitely not related.

"Excuse me? Hi, I'm Beth, Summer's mum," A young looking blonde woman poked her head round the door from what Y/N assumed to be the kitchen.

"Hello, I'm Y/N L/N. It's lovely to meet you," She took her hand out from her lab coat pocket and shook Beth's hand,"so, Mrs Smith-"

"It's Beth, please. No need for such formality!"

"Of course, my apologies. Beth, I'm sure you're concerned about Summer's falling science grade, but it's honestly nothing to worry about. In all honesty, I never succeeded in science until I got a tutor so believe me, it really does help."

"*burp* Bullshit." She heard a voice from behind her. She tightened her fists into balls in anger at his brief and rude statement. Beth looked at her apologetically.

"Dad!" She scolded.