Chapter 3/5: Magnets

"What is it that you have against me, Mr Sanchez?" 

This girl- no, woman- was infuriating beyond belief. Twice every week, she comes by, teaching Summer shit about science. Half of it is useless, anyway! When is anyone ever gonna need to know about how fart particles diffuse around a room? Or how plants make their own food? It's all useless bullshit. 

"I don't *burp* have anything against you personally. You're just teaching bullshit," I replied matter-of-factly,"and, don't call me 'Mr Sanchez'. It makes me sound like a teacher, wh*burp*ich I'm not. Frankly, I'm quite the opposite; I discourage school. Waste of brain cells, if you ask me." I said, not even looking at her. I reached into the fridge to grab a beer, only to see she was still there when I looked back. 

"Luckily, no one did ask you. And, if not 'Mr Sanchez'," She air-quoted, copying me,"what should I call you? Clearly not 'sir', as that's a title for people who deserve respect, which you clearly don't. Is it 'Dr Sanchez'? You seemed to be so clued up in science. That, or your head is just so far up your arse!" She exclaimed.

'Damn.'

She huffed and crossed her arms, looking at me expectantly, only to turn away with disappointment in her eyes. Maybe a bit of shame, too.

"Rick," I said finally,"you can call me Rick." She smiled faintly before turning back into the dining room where Summer was waiting for her, as well as Morty. Though I hate to say it, she had this effect on people. Kind of like a magnet, you're drawn to her against your own will. Dare I say, I'm being compelled towards her charming looks and her scientific terminology.

What can I say, though. Opposites attract.