October 13, 2017

"Starting fires out of dead weeds, Daisy, you got me"

What would a savior be if not persistent?

After a few dragging moments, I followed her, the pungent scent of weed leading the way through the dark, trash ridden alleyway. Finding a door open just a sliver, I stood outside warily listening to the unsettling sound of silence.

The sound of my own heartbeat filled my head as I pushed my way in. A small gag was all I could afford to release as the thick, ash ridden air suffocated me. Holding in another, I made my way to yet another door, closed but not locked. Of course seeing nothing, I relied on my hearing to determine if it was safe to intervene.

A short gasp of breath..

A quiet jingle of metal..

With a mind that jumped to the worst conclusions, a silver-haired individual shoved the door open roughly. Though surprise should have been the last emotion to expect, thankfully, it was the first. Giving way to a multitude of other emotions, the world soon grew quiet, the heavy silence filled only by the rapid beating of a heart.

Now the silver was not a large fellow, but her smaller physique hid a hidden strength. A flurry of punches changed the gleam of malice in a pair of jet black eyes to one of fear before being hidden behind heavy lids.

"Fucking bastard," the silver-haired individual cursed, a rare sight. With a soft sigh, she stared at the now second unconscious body below.

Stormy eyes softened and with a final feat of strength she was lifted from a small, dirty roll arm, set into a leather car seat and taken far, far away.