Chapter Seventeen: The Past

Music covered the cold breeze of air. The Antivadez compound is indeed lively. Marvin, setting himself at the corner is the only person that didn't even smile. Sorrow covered him upon remembering the things that had happened. 

She's not coming back. He said to himself. 

He glanced instantly upon seeing someone walking towards him."You're one of those newcomers, right?" 

Marvin nodded. 

The guy in front of him sat beside him and offered him a drink. Marvin, asking himself what the hell is this guy doing, gave him a cold look and walked away. 

The guy just smirked in amusement. 

On the other hand, Diego Antivadez was talking with another man older than him. Then the two of them entered a hall. 

Inside, it was quiet. No other people beside the two of them. The man with Diego is his father, Gustav Antivadez. 

He looked at Diego with his usual dark expression. "So that is indeed something you don't know? " He asked Diego. 

"Yes. I wanted to know how it turned out like this. What really happened to my Grandfather. What did the Gomez's do to him?" 

Gustav started to feel uneasy, but still answered. 

"In order to know that, Listen to this: 

Escanor Antivadez, my father, had a relationship with Rosita Gomez, Alexander's Grandmother. But by that time, the conflict between our clan and the Gomez already triggered. My grandfather did not want their relationship to continue that's why he made Escanor choose: To cut all his ties with Rosita or kill her. Escanor was frustrated with what he said and leaved their house, saying that he doesn't want to be part of their clan anymore. Upon knowing, Escanor's father kidnapped Rosita and killed her. But Escanor's father did not know that Rosita and Escanor had a child, Elizabeth, which is Alexander Gomez's mother. When Escanor knew that Rosita is dead, he leaved their clan and kept the child. As time passed, Escanor became the Governor. Elizabeth, not knowing that his father is an Antivadez, married Francisco Gomez, Alex's father. But Escanor hated the situation. He does not want Elizabeth to marry a Gomez, but he did not yet made a move. Time passed, and Alex was born. Until he reached his 20th year of birth. Escanor, growing too old, wanted to die together with Elizabeth for he wanted to keep his promise to Rosita that He and their daughter must never be seperated. So, he invited Elizabeth to talk to him and started a fire on their meeting place, using gasoline and cigarette. However, only Elizabeth died because Escanor was saved forcefully by one of his bodyguards. Upon knowing, Alex jumped into the conclusion that Escanor started the fire. So, during Elizabeth's burial, Alex shot Escanor with a pistol and was imprisoned." 

Gustav said those words calmly and sincerely. Looking at the eyes of Diego. 

However, Diego was in the state of knowing what to do. Those words made everything clear. Why the conflict of their clan and the Gomez's grew and concluded that; 

He would avenge his grandfather by killing Alexander Gomez.