Chapter 6

"ALFRED! YOU HAVE TO COME DOWN TO TIME SQUARE RIGHT NOW!" Mathias, who was now Captain of the Royal Navy, came bursting in the study causing Yao to jump out of his chair, and Alfred knocks down the stacks of paperwork.
"What?" Yao said. As he jumped up to find Mathias, practically shaking. And Alfred standing up just as confused as himself.
"Mathi-" Yao started but was interrupted.
"THERE IS NO TIME! I ALREADY HAVE THE HORSES READY! YAO YOURS TOO! FOLLOW ME!" Mathias started running down the halls. Alfred and Yao both gave each other a look, and they both started running down with him.
Making it outside they both got on each other's horses and started following Mathias to Time Square.
About 5 minutes later, they reached the Square to find a crowd of people gathering around the Statue. Alfred looked up to find no statue on the pillar. His eyes widen as he got off his horse handed the lead to Mathias. Yao doing the same, as Mathias quickly tied the horses up.
Alfred started pushing his way through, as the people started to recognize who was doing the pushing they moved. Alfred walked over to find a man sitting in a curled position. His back towards the King. Yao close behind him, and Mathias too. The people were silent, as the man lifted his head. He stood up, as the gravel underneath his feet cracked. Alfred coughed "Ahem... who are you?" The man turned around and Alfred's eyes widen. There before him was a man who had blond messy hair, eyebrows that were bigger than his finger, and the most amazing green eyes Alfred has ever seen. Like emeralds and peridots coming together and clashing.
"How dare you?" The man said his accent British.
The guards soon showed up and pointed guns at the man.
"Excuse me?!" The man looked at one of the guards.
"You dare point that, thing, at me!" Mathias raised his eyebrow.
"I said who are you?!" Alfred barked, which he didn't mean to. Maybe it was all the paperwork that made him extra irritated today.
"I am His Royal Majesty, Queen Arthur Kirkland of Spades. Now might I ask, who are you?" Arthur pointed at him. Alfred couldn't believe his ears, neither could Mathias. As a matter of fact, nobody could believe it. Everybody was silent until one man in the crowd shouted.
"Yeah right, you're probably just a fake who's trying to marry the King!" After that, another man yelled
"YEAH NOW, WHERE IS THE STATUE!"
A woman yelled
"YOU THEIF! YOU DARE TRY TO STEAL THE THRONE AWAY!" The shouting continued Alfred looked around when he saw Arthur. For some reason his heart started to ache, the look on his face was unreadable. His eyes were dull, and his mouth quivered ever so slightly. Alfred clenched his fist.
"EVERYBODY SHUT UP." Alfred got a sense of nostalgia. The people were silent, as Alfred sighed.
"To answer your question, Your Majesty," Alfred smirked.
"I am His Royal Majesty, King Alfred F. Jones Of Spades." Alfred saw the shocked look on Arthur's face turn into curiosity.
"What year is it."
"146E Queen Arthur," Mathias answered.
On cue, Arthur dropped to his knees and whispered.
"Bloody hell." When Arthur snapped out of his trance he stood up and looked into Alfred's eyes.
"Where are the clocks?"
"I can't tell yo-" Alfred began, as he pointed towards the people around them.
"Then tell me at the castle." Alfred raised his eyebrow. Arthur eyes suddenly widen.
"You mean Royals don't live in castles anymore?!" Arthur shrieked.
"AIYAH STOP WITH ALL THE YELLING!" Yao shouted.
"And who might I ask, are you?" Arthur asked.
"I am His Royal Highness, Jack Wáng Yao Of Spades."
"Ah and is there a current Queen?" Arthur wondered.
"No, you King Alfred has a massive cru-." Mathias was stopped by Alfred's hand, as he blushed. Elbowing him in the side.
"People of Spades, I order you to all continue whatever you were doing. I will take care of this problem as soon as possible."
"Problem?! Why you-" Arthur as well was interrupted by Alfred's hand over his mouth.
"LET US GO, MY QUEEN!" Alfred shouted as he grabbed Arthur's hand pulling him up on his horse.
Waiting for Yao, and Mathias. Riding along the streets, Arthur watched as the castle grew nearer, he gulped as his grip on the Kings waist grew tighter.