Chapter 35-Gone Again

•Zayn Malik•

"All done?" Demi asked sadly as I closed my last suitcase. I nodded and placed the bags by the door. I heard a small sigh leave her mouth and I turned back to face her. A sad smile pulled across her face, making my heart ache. I opened my arms as she walked into me, hugging my body tightly.

"I'm going to miss you." She mumbled into my chest. I sighed and kissed her cheek. "I'll miss you more. But if you ever need me, I'm just one call away." I hugged her a little tighter as she began crying again. Demi was already emotional about me leaving and her hormones were all over the place with her pregnancy. The first signs of her hormonal rage had become evident in her random crying sessions while she would watch puppy videos online.

"It's okay. I'll be back soon." I comforted her as she continued crying. "I know." She breathed through her words. I held her tightly in my arms until her tears stopped falling and she stopped crying.

"I'm sorry I can't stay." I apologized as I felt myself begin to get emotional as well. There was no way to fix this. There wasn't a way I'd be able to back out now. It was too late to cancel and Demi would never let me put tour on hold even if it was possible.

"Don't apologize. It's your job to be there. I'll be fine." She said but the sadness in every word. Unmissable. "Sometimes this job sucks." I sighed out my thoughts.

"I know." She hugged me again before she suggested on eating dinner and going to bed. I had agreed to calling it a night early. The flight left L.A early the next morning and our first stop was Toronto, beginning a very busy schedule of back to back concerts.

"How often do you think we'll be able to talk to each other?" Demi asked as she ate her food.

"As much as you call or text. Our schedule may be busy but I'll always stop anything to hear you're voice. Even if it is just over the phone." She smiled at me and nodded her head.

"When's Selena getting here?" I asked. Selena was going to stay with Demi throughout the pregnancy to help with anything Demi needed. I was thankful Selena was always there to help. It made me feel a little better about leaving.

"She's going to the airport with Harry so I guess we're leaving together." She answered.

"Okay." I said with a slight smile. We finished eating and began washing the dishes. I wrapped my arms around her waist and placed my chin against her shoulders.

"I love you." I smiled. She smiled back and entwined our fingers.

"I love you too." She said and placed a quick kiss on my lips.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Come here." Demi said making me raise an eyebrow in confusion but walk over to her anyways. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing I just want to cuddle." She smiled like a child. I smiled and sat beside her as she cuddled close to me.

"What the heck are you watching?" I laughed at the show playing on the tv. She laughed with me before shrugging.

"I have no idea." She said through her light chuckle as she laid her head in my lap. She looked up at me with a half smile before entwining our hands.

"Do you have to leave?" She asked.

"Yes." I sighed and kissed her forehead. She sadly nodded in understandment. She grabbed her phone and pointed it towards me.

"No paparazzi please." I joked as I held my hand over the camera. She laughed before sitting up and trying to move my hands from the shot.