Chapter 1: The Wedding

My Arya.

The moment she stepped out of the bridal car, the whole world stopped. This day is all about her. This is her dream. And I promised her that I will make all her dreams come true.

She's wearing the dress she always dreamt of, simple yet elegant. Her beauty radiates through the crowd.

Hindi ko inisip na makikita ko siya na ganito kasaya. Hindi makakaila sa ningning ng mga mata niya. She's a woman who is happy and in love.

I remember the countless times we've talked about this--her dream wedding. I took on mental notes every time she'd mention the dress, the type of flowers, the motif...I kept all of that in mind especially after I proposed to her 5 years ago.

We've been together for 4 years before I asked Arya to marry me. She was already a big star then, but somehow, she fell in love with me and she chose me.

I guess our love story is proof that sometimes it's okay to fight above your weight class.

I was a struggling actor while she was the Queen of Romance Movies.

I wasn't even at the height of my career but I'm willing to give everything up, if that meant having a life with her.

Pero tska na yung kwento namin. Balik tayo kay Arya.

At this point, lahat ng camera nakatutok na sa kanya. Lahat ng fans niya na nagbiyahe mula pa sa malayong lugar makita lang siyang ikasal, naghuhumiyaw na.

This is the wedding of the century. Everyone want to witness it. The nation's darling is finally tying the knot.

Katulad nang lahat ng tao sa simbahan, tumigil rin ang mundo ko the moment I saw Arya. She's just perfect.

"P're okay ka lang ba?" bulong ni Patrick who was standing beside me.

"Oo naman." maikli kong sagot. I was just trying to live through the moment of seeing the woman I love walk down the aisle.

Ang ganda ganda niya.

For a moment, it seemed like we're the only people inside the church. Nakatingin siya sa akin at ako sa kanya.

I didn't notice I was already crying. Hay, Arya. Ikaw lang--- habang buhay.

Patrick was also crying.

Patrick is my bestfriend. We've been friends since we were young. Alam niya kung ano ang pinagdaanan ko,at alam niya kung ano ang pinagdaanan namin ni Arya. Nagpapasalamat ako sa patuloy niyang pagsuporta.

As usual, ang haba ng wedding ceremony. Everyone had to endure it. Including myself.

When it was time to say the wedding vows, Arya's wedding vow was short and simple:

"Hindi madaling mahalin ang katulad ko, pero sinubukan mo at ginawa mo. Akala ko ito na yung pinakamahirap na gagawin ko, pero noong nakita kitang nag-aabang sa altar, narealize ko simple lang pala. Mahal kita at ikaw ang taong gusto ko makasama habang buhay. Nick, you are my home and I promise to be yours. "

By this time, hinahatak na ako ng Patrick palayo.

"Miks, let's go. It's time to let her go."

Today, I watched the woman I love marry the man of her dreams.

That man, was not me.

Somewhere along the way between the day I proposed to her and today, I lost Arya.

Nakalimutan ko sabihin na oo, ikakasal si Arya-- pero hindi sa akin.

Hindi ako yung lalaki na nag-aabang sa kanya sa altar. Hindi ako ang kanyang pang habang buhay.

Ako? Ako yung lalaki na nagmamahal sa kanya mula sa malayo.

Now, I have to tell myself it's time to walk away.

Ang sakit lang.