08

Kenzie
— June 5, 2018

It was the day after my birthday, and the person I least expected to talk to me was coming towards my direction.

"Hey." the strawberry blonde says

"Um, hi Nadia." I reply

"So..John must've told you about the hallway incident."

"Yeah he has. Why?"

"Well I just wanted to explain myself."

"Talk then."

"Basically, I wanted to go up to John and apologize for everything that happened before but," she stopped for a moment, "I saw you in the hallway so I just decided to kiss him."

"And why is that?"

"T-to make you jealous..he's always been closer to you than he always was to me. I was his girlfriend and he wouldn't talk to me when something was wrong. Yes I loved him and all but I'm truly sorry for being so rude to you all"

"Well, I am his bestfriend first of all. Your apology is accepted, but you still gotta explain to John and the rest of them. But why did you even cheat in the first place?"

"It's complicated. I was all messed up at the time and I just didn't know what to do. I can't forgive myself for what I did. I hurt him. Bad."

"You aren't wrong about hurting him. You could've came to us Nadia. We're your bestfriends."

"C-can we be friends? Again?" she stutters.

"Of course. You're okay right?" I smile.

"Yes I am, can I come with you? I kinda wanna explain myself to them., also happy late birthday" she softly smiles at me.

"Yes, and thank you."

***

Nadia went to our group, including Johnny and apologized to them. They surprisingly accepted her. I'm glad we're friends again.

***

It was lunch and John was talking to someone. I couldn't identify who since she was facing the other way.

Did our kiss mean nothing to him? Could I be freaking out for no reason? Ugh.

The girl was brunette and they seemed to be having a good conversation.

"Who's that?" I asked Lauren

"Where?" 

"Over there talking to your brother."

"Oh, it looks to be Lily Chee."

"How come I've never seen her around?"

"Probably because she's never around where we hang. I just know she's been here since highschool started."