"... you're the Brooklyn Baby.."

Excitement brewed inside her as she stood watching the street dancer near one of the parks. Her coffee cup in hand, red lipstick covered the lid, which still was very bright on her lips. Her eyes screamed amazement as her face remained calm.

"Diana!" a woman in an extremely long coat ran towards her, cellphone in hand, "I've been trying to get ahold of you for the past 25 minutes, you have an interview in 20 minutes!"

Diana laughed and chucked her now empty coffee cup into the bin and began walking, the woman followed close behind.

"Mrs. Mary, the interview has been cancelled, for the past 15 minutes, I decided to roam."

"Diana, I've asked you to just call me Mary, the 'Mrs.' is not needed. Also, what do you mean it's been cancelled?? Why would it be cancelled, you were going to meet the man himself! And how many times have you roamed Brooklyn? There's nothing left to see here, you've spent the past year here!"

"Mary, I've canceled the interview. I'm not going to work for a man who thinks of woman as an object and not an asset. I mean, I could model for someone who actually cares about my body rather than starve me, ya?" Diana paused for a moment, continuing her movement towards the subway, Mary following close to her down the stairs, "and, there's plenty of things to see in Brooklyn, always something new, why wouldn't I?"

"Of course, you're the Brooklyn Baby."

~~~~

oof a queen