Chapter 2 - The Mark of Death Rages

Bethany's POV

The storm was still raging, but, gladly, the wind was slowing down. I heard another piercing agreed. I had to save that girl. "Bethany, help!" I could here the girl more clearly now, so she must be close enough for me to see her. I can't see anything though.

I started to run. I knew this street so well, that I could tell if I was about to run into a tree or something. "Megan?" I yell not the darkness. No answer. Is that even her name? I think quickly. "Alice!!" I yell. "Alice, are you there?" I search around frantically, as if I could actually see. Then I heard it. "Help! I'm bleeding!" The words struck through me like a lightning bolt. "Where are you?!" I yell. I search the skies even though I can't see them.

"I'm in a bush or a tree or something! Please I don't know where I am! I was blown off from the ground!!" The torturing words echoed through the neighborhood. "Don't worry, Alice! I'm coming!" I shout, by I know this is a lie because I can't see her anywhere. This poor 7 year old girl is alone. I can't believe that I didn't--

I was out cold.

Austin's POV

Bethany hasn't come back yet and I'm worried. I tried calling the police but they haven't answered. All I could hear was thunder and the whistling wind.

I was looking out the windows into nothing, shifting from window to window, trying to see if there was any sight of some street light or something but then it struck me that the street lights must be out.

Decided that it was time to search for her my myself if I was going to find her.

Alice's POV

I don't wanna die but I think I might. I'm stuck under a fallen tree and I can hear cracking sounds and it's scaring me. In pretty sure I'm not going to live through this, because it's happened before. I was blown to someone's roof and I was buried in dirt and muck.

Luckily that was the first time and a fire station found me later that day. But I don't know about this time.

Bethany's POV

I lay there, unconscious.

Reader's POV

Bethany lay there, unable to move. She wasn't exactly unconscious. She was being attacked from the Mark. She was asleep, dreaming. She was dreaming of Alice. When she met Alice on the forest.

TO BE CONTINUED...