Chapter 4 - What Happened in the Forest

Bethany's POV

I stood there, on the edge of the forest, holding my knife. I usually went into the area of the forest with the wildlife or...what's left of it. But now I'm going into the dark parts of the wood. There was a slight breeze. I took a deep breath and stepped onto the forest floor, full of fallen leaves. I walked farther into the woods and saw light. An orange light. A fire. I quickened my step, walking towards the blazing flames.

Once near the fire, I saw that there were empty beer bottles and caps littering the ground. I sat in a near log and stared into the fire. It was dark now, but light was provided for me. I was in a slight trance, looking at a figure that was a damp-white color. It seemed far away. I then heard a moan that sounded a bit like a screech that came from the opposing direction. What the hell is this? I realized that the emblazoned wood went out. There was still a small amount of light left in the forest. It was morning, but most light was blocked out by be canopy of leaves above.

Out of nowhere, a ghostly frisbee-looking-figure flew through the air, over my head, as if it was a ghost. I, at first, being stupid thought it was a frisbee. Thinking that'd id see a person from the direction it came, I turned and saw...nothing. I was really freaking out now. Would I make it out of here with out breaking down or dying? I turned around, to see where the flying ghost landed. It landed only yards away. I decided to stay away. I cautiously turned back, and closed my eyes I didn't want to see anymore of this. Then I felt something wet and cold stroke my face. Within seconds the stroking turned into pinching. I opened my eyes only to realize that the ghostly human figure standing far away was right in front of me, slapping my cheek.

I was only to find out that it was a little girl in a white dress. "Hi," she said. "I'm Alice."

TO BE CONTINUED...