Chapter 6 - A Regular Day

And strike again it did. The night after it stormed hard. Hardly anyone noticed it, though it was raging as loud as thunder could rage. Bethany was sleeping in her room, where Alice slept on the floor in Bethany's best sleeping bag. Austin decided to sleep in Bethany's bedroom too, just in case something happened. They were all sleeping as the wind blew outside. Bethany was right. The Mark of Death WOULD strike again.

Bethany and Alice were at the kitchen counter, joking around about how Bethany did the honors of drawing a mustache on her brother. "Ow." Alice touched her leg. "Are you okay?" Bethany said. "Yeah. But I just got a sharp pain." She had a look of pain on her face. "Maybe we should sit down." Bethany helped Alice to the kitchen table. They stared at each other for a couple seconds until they could hear Austin's foot clinking on the stairs. "Good morning guys." Austin said. "I had the weirdest dream. I was just walking around the neighborhood and this weirdo jumped on me and said the Hazard was coming, whatever that means." Austin had pulled out a chair and sat down. "I don't know." Bethany said. "I'm hungry," said Alice. "Can we have breakfast now?" Bethany could tell she was covering up her laughter. Alice never realized that Bethany drew a beard on Austin too. Bethany said, "of course." and led Alice to the kitchen, where the two if them made breakfast.

"Order up!" Alice said as she set down a bowl of cereal. "Wow. That took you guys forever. And all you did was pour a bowl of cereal? With no milk?" Austin sounded annoyed. Bethany and Alice smiled. "For you," Alice said. "But we have something much different." Bethany said. "Get ready to be amazed!" Alice ran to the kitchen and marched out carrying two bowls of fresh oatmeal. "And that," she said setting down the hot bowls, "is why it took us so long." Bethany and Alice looked at each other and giggled at the dumbfounded look on Austin's face. "Okay...can you at least give me milk?" Austin asked. "Ugh it's too far away." Bethany and Alice said together. Austin stood up from his seat and got some milk himself.