1483-Part Two

"Richard-"

"My Nephew will be coronated in two days Anne. We have had this discussion once already. I owe it to Edward." Richard replied to his wife.

"But do you not deserve England? You have always been the loyal brother. You've never turned on anyone." Anne said as she approached her husband. Richard laughed.

"And do you know why Anne? If I turned on the crown then I would have already ended up like-" He paused.

"Well. It doesn't matter know. The least I can do is to keep my word and crown my nephew Edward as king."

"Oh he is only a boy! He knows nothing!" Anne barked.

"I will not be questioned!" Richard snapped, his voice bouncing off of Middleham. He sighed then went to Anne, holding her arms softly.

"I am sorry. I am just-angry with grief. Queen Elizabeth cannot take another heartbrake. So yes, her son shall be King. And I know you would wish otherwise but, it is for the best. And haven't you said that living away from court, is so very nice?" He said, moving closer to Anne.

"Just you and me," Richard kissed her softly.

"And our children." Anne reminded him. Richard chuckled.

"Yes and our children." Anne smiled at him.

"I shall not press further. Come, your daughter wishes to have a word with you." Anne led her husband out of the dining hall and into Isabelle's room.

"Oh dear, am I to be sent to the tower?" Richard saw his daughter, sitting on her bed, her little legs dangling off.

"Your Grace." Richard bowed before "Queen Isabelle."

"Lord Gloucester." The little queen joked.

"You have been summoned here to receive a reward." Isabelle, Lady Of Gloucester remarked.

"Oh? And what is that Your Grace?"

"Kneel before your Queen!" Isabelle boomed. Though her voice was little, her face was serious. Richard obliged, though his back did hurt him so. Isabelle took a small iron sword that lay beside her (she stole the thing from her elder brother Edward.) and tapped her father's shoulder's with the blade.

"I Knight you Sir Richard Plantagenet! For your loyalty and love to your daughter."

"A knighthood is a few steps below a Duke-" Anne elbowed Richard as he whispered this to her.

"Hush! Your Queen is knighting you!" Richard smiled.

"Thank you Your Grace!" Richard stood up, proud of his "Knighthood."

"I shall serve you well." He said.

It seemed nothing could change.

For a moment, court did not matter.

The Gloucesters were truly happy.

If only it were not for throne.