Defining Life pt. 2

Something has recently come to my attention. I was talking to a young woman earlier who still didn't believe that an unborn baby is alive from the moment of conception. I would like to clarify here that there are a number of different ways. Here are just a few writings that should answer the most popular and common arguments.

Every single medical or other scientist on the planet will agree that an oocyte (egg) that has been fertilized by atozoa (sperm cell) thus becoming a zygote is alive. Go ahead. ask them. Google it. Do whatever you can to disprove it, but know this: you will fail. [Mic]

As for the 'clump of cells' argument (AKA the oldest one in the book. It's so outdated) here's an answer for you: The cell (from Latin cella, meaning "small room") is the basic structural, functional, and biological unit of all known living organisms. A cell is the smallest unit of life. Cells are often called the "building blocks of life".

Now let's talk about defining what a life is.

The definition of life is "the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.". An unborn baby grows, will grow (if she hasn't already) sex organs, will be active in the womb, and will continually change until death. So how is an unborn child NOT a life?

This was kind of a tangent, but I hope this answered some questions.