Love me like your life depends on it, CHAPTER ONE;

Last week we moved house, I'm not exactly sure why, but we did. Well actually that a lie, I think I might have a pretty good idea. In the past month alone I have been to the hospital six times, he takes it a bit too far sometimes. Breaks my bones, twisted my ankle twice so I have to go to the hospital and I am pretty sure they are catching on.

“Kristen, would you take the kids out, we need to christen the new house.” He whispered in my left ear, his warm breathe hitting my neck. It made me spine bend, this man is vile.

None the less I nodded my head and started to walk away. That was until he wrapped his chubby fingers around my forearm, yanking me back.

“Don't worry princess, we will have our fun later.” I shuddered at the way he said fun, he winked at me as he slouched out of the room.

I grabbed my coat from the banister and picked up Kara's and Kyle's coat from the sofa.

“Kara! Kyle!” I shouted up stairs, and within seconds I could hear footsteps thundering upstairs, they were both running towards the stairs. Kara's head came into view first, and then Kyle's. I could see that their hands we joined, they were always like this, although Kara was a year older, they were inseparable like twins.

They sat on their bums and slid down the stairs, still holding hands.

“We are going to go to the park for a bit, is that okay?” I asked, kneeling down so I was eye level with them.

They both nodded their heads really fast and jumped up to put their shoes on.

Within ten minutes we were walking down the street, Kyle on my hip and Kara holding my hand as she skipped.

“Ten can we get ice creams?” Kara asked, looking up at me and pouting.

I laughed, when it was just the three of us I could be completely carefree and happy, I treasured moments like this.

“Of course you can baby, any flavor you like.” I smiled even more as her eyes widened and she started to muttering to herself.

It took us about fifteen minutes to walk to the park, it would have been ten but Kyle wanted to walk for a little bit and he is incredibly slow. And like a dog in some ways; he likes to stop at every flower or stone and pick it up.

When I could see the park at the end of the road, Kara let go of my hand and ran the rest of the way. Kyle was back on my hip, wiggling around, desperate to get to the park.

“Alright buddy, just one more minute.” I said, kissing his forehead. Kyle smiled up at me and placed his chubby little hand on my cheek.

As soon as we entered the park area, I put Kyle down on the grass and Kara ran over to us. Sitting on the floor besides them, I leaned back and soaked up the sun, well only on my face as I had a coat and jeans on. It was mid Autumn, cold but still sort of sunny.

I closed my eyes for five minutes, thinking about the 'what ifs' in my life,

What if he didn't hit me?

What if he wasn't even here?

What if I was happy for once?

What if?

Sighing I opened my eyes to see Kara, only Kara. I looked around in front of me and couldn't see Kyle. I looked behind me to see if he had wandered back there, he hadn't.

I was slowly starting to freak out, not because he would hit me so hard tonight that I probably wouldn't remember my name tomorrow, but the fact that I had lost one of the only reasons I bother to stay alive. I love Kyle, I would rather die than see anything bad happen to him, or Kara.