Nine

Gamora-

I woke up with a bad headache and a need for water. I reached over to the nightstand to grab my water bottle that I always keep next to my bed. My hand tried to find where the bottle was, but all I could find was a walk man. I was in Peters room.

I look back to where Peter was laying. He looked so do with his bed hair. His arm was wrapped around me while his other arm was holding mine. I just wanted to stay there forever.

I was ripped back inyo reality when I heard a familiar voice.

"I am Groot?"

"I don't know where she is. She's probably just taking a walk."

"I am Groot."

"I know you make breakfast together everyday. Come on, me and you can go buy breakfast for everyone." It was Rocket and Groot having a conversation.

I heard footsteps getting closer and closer to Peters room. I shot up and ran to the other side of the room.  When I did, Peter woke up and looked at me. He mouthed "What's wrong?"

I just put my finger to my mouth and pointed to the door. He understood and walked to his door. He peeked his head out and looked around to see where they were.

We both start to laugh. I look at him and he looks at me.

“I had fun last night Gamora.”

“I did too. But… we should probably clean up and get out of here. The team will get suspicious.”

“Why do we have to stay a secret. Everybody already knows about our unspoken thing.”

“Is it that obvious? Wait, Peter, we can't. Because then we will start to put each other first on missions when we need to be worried about the whole team.”

“Yeah, you’re probably right.”

“I am. Now, help me clean up.” I got off his bed and started picking up clothes that we're scattered all over his floor. I start putting on my clothes as I pick them up. Peter does too.

“How bout we do this again tonight?” He said as he slid his shirt on.

“Sounds like a plan.” I had just finished putting my shoes on as we started to move back into orbit.

“I finally proved you wrong.”

“What do you mean Peter?” I started to smile as he made his way over to where I was standing.

“You fell into my pelvic sorcery.”

“I did not!” I laugh and place my hands on his shoulders. “I just fell for you, not what's in your pants.”

“Mhmm.” He put his hands on my back and kissed me. My hands went behind his neck. The kiss became a make out. His hands going up and down my back. I pull away to get a breath.

“Not now Peter.” I let go if him. We both fall to the floor. “What's going on Peter?”

“I don't know, let's go see.” We both walk out of the room.

“Well well well. I see the lovers have decided to say hi.” Rocket said.

“We were just talking about The Nova Corps.” I said.

“All night? Groot cover your ears.” Rocket looked at Groot and he did as instructed. “You too have fun last night?”

“I had fun. James and I went to a bar then he had to leave. Then I went to bed.”

“Cut the crap Gamora. I know about you and Peter. You to won't stop smiling, and you weren't in your room all night.”

“Ugh. You gonna tell Groot?”

“Yeah… What's wrong with that?”

“Nothing. What was that, that hit the ship?”

“Some astroids.”

“Is that all?”

“Think so.” Something hit the ship again. I looked back and saw The Nova Corps firing at us. The fire was followed by an announcement. “Give us Gamora, sister to Nebula, daughter of Thanos, and we will be on our way.” Peter grabbed the intercom.

“Why do you need her?”

“That is none of your concern hybrid.” I picked up the intercom after him.

“Answer his question.”

“Your sister Nebula had requested your assistance in fighting along side her. She is wounded. She needs you as quickly as possible.”

“Um. Okay.” I run to my room and get changed really quick. I grab my swords and go back to the cockpit. Peter grabs my hand.

“Wait, are you going? It could be a trap, you know that they love the Guardians.”

“If they are telling the truth, my sister could be in serious danger right now. I have to go. I'm sorry. I have to leave the Guardians.”

“For how long?” His eyes start to tear up.

“I don't know. This is better anyways.”

“How is this better?”

“You can focus. Find a girl that lives you. Love her back. Take care of everyone. You are the leader. You are Starlord. Legendary outlaw. I love you.” I kissed him and wrapped my arms around him.

“I love you too.” I smiled and turned to the rest of the team. "Wait Gamora, here." He handed me his Walkman. "Have it." I just smiled and looked at the rest of the team.

“Goodbye everybody. Best of luck.”

“Goodbye Gamora.” Mantis responded.

“Bye Gamora. You know, I never hated you.” Rocket admitted.

“I am Groot?” Groot was crying.

“I have to go. I love you Groot.” I kissed his forehead.

“You were a good fighter but not better than me.”

“Thanks Drax. Bye guys.” I gave Peter one last kiss on his cheek. I walked down the hallway while looking be behind me. I turned the corner so that no one could see me anymore.

A single tear escaped my eye as I stepped into The Nova Corps’ ship.