Notes

1. Equal and equivalent are terms that are used frequently in mathematics. The main difference between equal and equivalent is that the term equal refers to things that are similar in all aspects, whereas the term equivalent refers to things that are similar in a particular aspect. That is, when two things are same in some specific way, but not identical, they are said to be equivalent. (Identical is not really a mathematics term, it is an English word used to convey the idea of exact sameness).

2. Swara's request for the repayment of the borrowed kiss would not be completed in this lifetime, which is why Sanskaar was so delighted, even if he did not know the exact quantum, he was aware that it would be a significant number of kisses. Though the start base is one, her terms set the interest rate at 1% per day (which would be an annualized rate of 365%) and the compounding interval at one day for a period of 2,944 days. The total payout would be around 5.2 trillion (5,221,593,298,635.48 to be exact) on the date she starts the recovery of her loan. Swara simply wanted a lot of kisses; I guess she would be getting far more than what she had bargained for.

3. The note that Sanskaar wrote for Swara for her sixteenth birthday contains a modified version of a couple of the lines in a poem by Pablo Neruda, which I have reproduced below for interested readers:

Tonight I can write the saddest lines.
I loved her, and sometimes she loved me too.
Through nights like this one I held her in my arms
I kissed her again and again under the endless sky.

She loved me sometimes, and I loved her too.
How could one not have loved her great still eyes.
Tonight I can write the saddest lines.
To think that I do not have her, to feel that I have lost her.

To hear the immense night, still more immense without her.
And the verse falls to the soul like dew to the pasture.
What does it matter that my love could not keep her.
The night is shattered and she is not with me.

This is all. In the distance someone is singing. In the distance.
My soul is not satisfied that it has lost her.
My sight searches for her as though to go to her.
My heart looks for her, and she is not with me.

The same night whitening the same trees,
We, of that time, are no longer the same.
I no longer love her, that's certain, but how I loved her.
My voice tried to find the wind to touch her hearing.

Another's! She will be another's. Like my kisses before.
Her voice, her bright body, her infinite eyes;
I no longer love her, that's certain, but maybe I love her.
Love is so short, forgetting is so long.

Because through nights like this one I held her in my arms
my soul is not satisfied that it has lost her.
Though this be the last pain that she makes me suffer
and these the last verses that I write for her.

Pablo Neruda

4. The double infinity symbol is a very beautiful one, with graceful lines that go on forever and ever, and can also be formed by placing two figures of eight on their sides, one over the other. The meaning essentially comes down to these two things: infinity times infinity or infinity plus infinity.

In jewelry though, the meaning is so much more than simple mathematics. Infinity doubled is a symbol of two everlasting commitments combined. It's the essence of two individuals who have dedicated their lives to separate paths but have come together as one, joining their fates forever and ever. The double infinity symbol, then, is among the most romantic ones you will ever see!

Besides romance, double infinity meanings include equilibrium or balance, limitlessness, or absolute perfection.

5. The Double S – is actually the section sign (§), a typographical character used mainly to refer to a particular section of a document, such as a legal code. It is also called "sectional symbol", or signum sectiōnis. The likely origin of the section sign is the digraph formed by the combination of two S glyphs (from the Latin signum sectiōnis). When duplicated, as §§, it is read as the plural "sections" (e.g. "§§ 13–21"), much as "pp." ( pages ) is the plural of "p."