Chapter 15: Searching

"This sure wasn't how I envisaged our meeting. Anyway would you mind explaining to me why you chose to be absent from your own wedding ? " Jim said as he entered into the passenger's seat of Tony's car. He was surprised he was getting married to Helen but more surprised he had to run at the last minute. That wasn't the Tony he knew.

Tony was silent and looked at Jim for some moments before responding. "I couldn't go on with it, I think I love someone else "

"What do you mean by think ? " Jim goaded him on

Tony glared at him maintaining a steady gaze and asked him "Can I trust you ? "

"What ? " Jim blurted out not expecting that question. "Why, of course you can. You always have" he added jokingly.

Tony narrated the events that happened to him after the incident not leaving anything out. He brought out the bracelet to show him and said "I don't think I can trust my family with this. I think the other piece is with her. Did I ever tell you of any girl asides Helen ? "

Jim was taken aback. He felt trapped between helping his friend and saving his life. He swallowed and stroked his hands through his hair. He tried avoiding his eyes by looking out the window. "No,  not at all. You were much secretive back then. I'm sorry about your memories but in sure it will come back in due time." Jim said eventually fidgeting.

Tony looked at him for a while unsure of whether to believe him or not. He still couldn't remember his relationship with him. He was the only friend connected to his past anyway. He decided to give it all or nothing.  "I'll like you to tell me everything you remember about my past, no details held back ".

"Sure" Jim said spending the next 30 minutes telling him about their times together making sure to leave out the details about Juliet.

"That's pretty funny" Tony said bursting out in laughter at Jim's stories. "I can't wait to get the memories of  these back".

"What do you plan to do now ? " Jim asked seriously and partly out of curiosity. He honestly wanted his friend's happiness and was willing to do it without compromising his.

"I called a detective earlier before your arrival. He should be here soon"

"That's good, but how do you intend to handle the issue back home now ? " Jim asked curiously

"I honestly don't know yet, I just hope Helen can forgive me. But for now I care more about getting to the root of this matter "

"There you are" said a voice from afar before a young looking man showed up looking into the car. "I've searched everywhere for you. Can we get down to business ? "

"Hop in" Tony said. The man opened the back door and slid in. He removed his glasses and took out a note pad and a pen and continued "shall we begin ? "

Tony spent another fifteen minutes explaining the situation to him to which he kept scribbling on his notepad. When he was done he said "I want you to give me feedback on every detail you stumble on and I'll like you to be fast with it. time's not on my side. "

"Consider it done, I'll get back to you" He replied getting out of the car.

"I have to get my memories back badly. I'm going to get myself the best therapy." Tony said hitting the dashboard in anger.

"I'm sure you will,  but for now you have to head back home. You still have Helen to deal with remember ? " Jim said calming him down and reminding him of what's important.

With a sigh Tony started the ignition and turned the car driving home. He put on his phone and tons of messages kept coming in. He decided to ignore them for now putting it in his breast pocket.