Chapter 22 ~ Lucky Potter Twins

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow, then?" Draco asked me as he had me pressed up against a wall in the empty corridors.

"Of course," I replied, wrapping my arms around his neck. "Why would you ask a dumb question like that?"

He shrugged, smiling. "I just wanted to make sure you still wanted to keep me around."

"You know I'll always want you around, Draco." I began to kiss him on the lips. He bit my bottom lip, causing me to pull away. "Ow, Draco. You bit me."

"Oh, damn, I'm sorry. Are you alright?" He lifted a finger up to my lip.

I started laughing. "I'm fine, Draco. It's nothing to worry about."

He started laughing as well. "Okay. That's good to hear."

Then we went on with kissing again. I didn't care if anyone saw us. We were finally happy. We were finally together. "Can I tell you something?" I asked.

"Sure, what is it?"

I paused and then chuckled, shaking my head. "I just want to lock up my feelings for you and keep them somewhere safe. Somewhere for just you and me."

Draco smiled at me as he caressed my cheek. "Max, you have no idea how much you mean to me. I've been wanting you for a long time. I just can't believe it took me this long to finally win you over. You know, with our history and and Diggory and--"

I put my finger up to his lips in order for him to be quiet. "We have each other now and that's all that matters," I said.

He took my finger away. "It's okay to miss him, you know," he told me, talking about Cedric. "After all, he was your first love."

"I know, and I cherish what he and I had, but now I'm going to do the same with you." I paused, grinning. "I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

He nodded, stealing one last peck on the lips. "Bye, Max."

"Bye," I said before we went our separate ways. As soon as I turned at the first corner, Harry was standing there.

"I should've known you would end up with him."

"What do you mean?"

He paused again. "I dunno. I guess there was something there, even with all of that hatred. I'm happy for you. I really am, even though I want to hex him just as much as Ron does."

I laughed. "Thanks, Harry." I paused for a moment, then thought about Slughorn. "You know, I wish we had some luck with Slughorn."

"Yeah, we really need to work on getting that memory from him," he said.

I gasped out loud, hitting Harry on the arm. "That's it! All we need is a little bit of luck!"

Harry looked confused. "What are you going on about?"

"Felix Felicis! The stuff we won in class that day! We can use it to get that memory out of Slughorn!"

"Oh, yeah! I think I still have it on my dresser. Let's go tell Ron and Hermione!"

With that, Harry and I raced back to the Gryffindor Tower, getting ready to form a plan. A plan that was going to work for sure.

*******

"Ready, Max?" Harry asked me as he held up the vial in his hand.

I nodded in response. "Yeah, I'm ready."

He nodded back and took a sip of the potion. I grabbed the vial from him and gulped down what was left of the potion. After a second or two, I felt different. It was a good feeling, though. A smile came across my face as I looked at Harry.