1 - Third Time's The Charm

JASON HATED BRICKS. But he hated Leo more than that. And that was indeed an impressive hate.

It had been a good week, a really good week, considering the fact that the burden of remembering and mourning over Leo Valdez's death had been forgotten... to an extent. And Jason had a pretty good time with Piper, his wonderful girlfriend. Not to forget his job as the Pontifex Maximus. He had planned the layout of the shrines for some of the mistreated gods now. He was unexpectedly fast, though, faster that he had expected to be.

And then came Leo.

A transmission had been delivered to Camp Half-Blood days after Leo's death, in which the son of Hephaestus himself had come up and shocked everyone to the core. The campers had shouted and screamed at him, and some even threw swords at him and shot arrows. But of course, everything just passed through him, since he was just a hologram delivering an already recorded message.

Jason, with Piper, had immediately set off to find him. He had high hopes of seeing his best friend again. He was joyful. He wanted to find Leo, and beat him up for eternity, for dying like that.

But he also hoped not to die before seeing him again.

They, at first, wanted to search for him in New York. But they were able to find no clue or trace of him so far. It was a long search. They wanted to get the help of Percy and Annabeth, but they had said that they wanted to continue their studies. Jason understood. They had not been together for so many months and just wanted to be at peace for once. He had went to search for Leo only with Piper.

"Nothing. Searching him through New York itself is so tiring," the son of Jupiter stated. They had been searching for the son of Hephaestus in the city for four weeks now.

"Should we stop our search for that? For what we know, he might be in trouble!" Piper retorted.

"I know, Pipes, but I think two more demigods assisting us could be beneficial."

"Oh. So, you don't like to be with me, then?" She stepped near him.

Jason hugged and kissed her. Piper smelt like fresh strawberries. "I didn't say so. You're the best, Pipes. Being with you, alone, is a paradise."

Piper blushed, and looked down. This was her mistake. Her sudden distraction towards Jason's sparkling hug and soft kiss paved the way for a brick to bang itself on Jason's head with a thud, the brick falling from a huge building with a height of about eighty feet.

"Not again! Jason!" These were the last words the son of Jupiter heard before he drifted into a state of unconsciousness.

.................................

PERCY WAS NOT in the mood to study. Seriously, why were there these many books, with each one being as thick as ten swords being placed one above the other? And he didn't get any blue cookies. That was the worst punishment his mom could ever give him. Adding to the misery, Annabeth refused to help him with his homework. Percy had bargained with her and promised to give her a chocolate. A blue chocolate. Why didn't she agree? Well, his acting was no more working.

And then came the twist.

"PERCY JACKSON! WHERE ARE YOU!" A deafening roar came from the hall of his house. He easily guessed to whom this sweet, loud voice belonged to.

"Nice to see you too, wise girl!" he replied with a tone of teasing, and kissed her. He was really surprised and happy to see Annabeth in his house now. 

"How many times should I call you, seaweed brain!? Why did Sally give you this mobile? To keep fishes inside?" Annabeth asked while kissing him.

"As a matter of fact, yes. When I switch on this freakish device, fishes always appear. And, when did you call me? I didn't hear any songs coming out of the mobile," Percy answered.

Annabeth chuckled. "That's my funny Percy. And don't say that you didn't get the calls. I had called you a thousand times!"

She continued talking, not allowing Percy to reply. "I think that there should be some problem to the connection. Well, let's forget about that. Jason and Piper need our help. I saw them in danger. They asked me to bring you too."

"Jason and Piper? Are they still searching for not-sassier-than-me Valdez in New York?" Percy questioned.

"Yes, Percy. Now come on, let's go," Annabeth ordered, took two steps towards the door, stopped, and turned. "And for a funny note, Jason got injured by a brick. Again."

"Haha. Third time's the charm, Grace," Percy joked, walking out of his house along with his wise girl.

------------------------------

<Hey guys! I hope you like my first fanfiction! And also, this is the only chapter that would be small. The upcoming chapters would come in an average length. Thanks again for reading and reviewing this!>