Chapter 3

Summers pov

I start to run Intill I hear someone outside. I quickly hid behind the house so I dont get caught. I peek out and find this maybe 8,7,6 im not sure year old girl outside picking flowers. Did Jacob have a sister? Or is she lost? She looked more tan than Jacob and Lorenzo. She was extremely pretty tho she had long curls all over her head. She had dimples and almond brown eyes.

She soon felt my stare and looked at me. I hid behind the house again knowing that she seen me but praying she would forget about it. But too my luck she didnt. She skipped over to me with a cheesy dimple smile.

"Hi summer, did you come to pick flowers with me" she skips back to the patch of flowers she was at.

"Well no not excatly but how do you know me" I follow her and watch her pick a daisy and smell it.

"Oh well im lily" She extends her hand without the flower out and I gently shake it.

"Lily have you seen sum-" jacob runs out the house and suddenly stop breathing in relief. Dang I didnt make it out intime. I start to step away from him.

"Whats wrong with you"

"You took advantage of me thats whats wrong" I scream causing lily to jump and step back. Im probably making a horrible first impression on her but I dont care this house is crazy and im leaving!

"What are you talking about! Why would I do that. I put you on my bed after I woke up becuase I thought that would be more comfortable for you since you sleep in a chair and a floor. I put you on there which was at 8 and now it is 1 in the afternoon" Dang its late. I look at hin trying to figure out if he is lying.

"Well explain this outfit! You dressed me! You perv"

"Actually wrong again. She dressed you" he nodded his head to lily. I glance at her and see her eyes watering up and she starts to cry and talk.

"Whats wrong sweety"

"I didnt mean to make you mad, Its just my sister that left a long time ago gave me all her clothes that she didnt want and I cant fit into them yet and I just put the clothes on you. I tried to wake you but you were in a deep sleep"

I squat down to her level. "Oh. I'm not mad at you its fine im sorry for screaming" she looks up at me with glossy eyes and gives me a hug. I swear little kids are so friendly with people they dont even know. I look up at jacob and I can see he is kinda mad.

"There you go again running and making your own explanations to things" I'm silent. He walks back into the house and I follow him back into his room.

"Im sorry again"

"Whatever I dont care, Im done trying to be nice to a random black girl with trust issues and loves to run"

"You dont know what I've been through. You dont know that I also woke up 2 weeks ago and found myself in different clothes with my stepfather beside me. You also dont know that he raped me that night and told me he would always do it. You dont know that my mom didn't believe me when I told her what happened. You dont know that running is how I deal with stuff."

He looks at me with sad eyes and I immediately regret telling him. I start to tear up and run out the house back to the shack. I sit in my uncomfartble bed / chair and start to rock. I thought it was Jacob coming to get me but it was his brother.

"Mut if you wanna live you betta go inside and eat breakfast cuz thats the only meal your getting it"

I ignore his name calling and hurry back into the room wiping my tears. Im pretty sure he noticed.

I go to the cabinet and find honey nut Cheerios. I take out the box and place it on the counter.

"Where is the bowl and spoons" he turns and looks at me and snickers. He goes in the top left cabinet and slams a white bowl in front of me and goes in the dishwasher and places the fork on the table.

"Thank you" I whisper.

I go get the milk in the fridge and start to eat my meal for the day.

"Why were you crying"

I start to chock from his question suprised he would ask me that. After I catch my breath and swallow my food I answer. "No reason"

"Just tell me"

"It was nothing"

"Tell me" he screams slamming his hands on the counter. Im sure that must of hurt.

"I was telling jacob how I got raped by my step dad and thats why I dont trust people" I try to read his facial expression but I cant. I dont know if this is going to benfit me in the end or not.

"Well I think its good that Jacob knows I mean he is your boyfriend"

"Yup" I guess he aint believe that cuz he stared at me for a long time.

I hurry and finish my cereal and hurry back to the shack. When I come inside I see jacob in my chair.

"What u want." I walk across from him and move some tools out the way and sit on a wooden counter.

"I came to say sorry" he says starring at me.

"Okay"

"Do you want me to come get u today?"

I think for a minute. "Yeah"

"Okay" He gets up and hugs me and exits. Well that was weird. Now he feels all bad for me. I hate that I swear. I think back to the fight and remember Jacob telling me its 1! I was suppose to start my job in the morning. Im going to be late on the first day. I need a disguise though. I think for a minute and lily comes to mind.

I run out the shack to the front yard to find lily sitting looking at the clouds.

I sit down with her. " Hey lily do you have any wigs or dress up glasses make up I can use."

She shoots up and smiles instantly running in to the house screaming" of course lets go" Grabbing me by the hand and leading me to her princess room. She had purple walls and a twin purple and black comforter.I seen a homemade doll house in the corner. It was just adorable. She threw alot of her clothes out of her closet trying to find me something. She finally dug out a big blue tub filled with wigs and clothes. I rummage threw the tub and find a wig with short curly hair. I look in the mirror against her wall and I do look a Little different. I thank her and walk out the house ignoring Jacob's voice calling me. I walk right into town and do a shift at my job. Some people looked at me hard probably remembering my face. Then the tv comes on announcing an amber alert with my picture on the screen. One of the costumers stares at me and then back at the screen. She starts to say something but I take off my hat from the job and run out the place and back to Jacob's house.