VI.4

So here I am... Again. Well, I just couldn't resist posting this. Now a small spoilers for those who're wandering, someone from Riya's past life will come to her soon enough. Take the chances and make your bets~! Enjoy the cheaper and show me some love please~~

Author-chan out.

××××××

I continued to train under Kenji's guidance for almost two months now. Our fights got more exciting as I started to get better and fight properly. Every now and then my grandfather would come to give me more history books, a lot of grammar books because he believes that I must be able to speak at least. I always had a thing for languages so I enjoyed learning these three but he told me it was just the start.

This weeks were hard, probably the hardest in my whole life, but somehow I've managed. I changed and this could be seen so easy. I wasn't afraid to take a hit or two and to fight back. At the same my body was starting to have some more muscle mass. I usually wear twenty kilos weights per leg, because Kenji always says I must be able to fight even if I have to carry a comrade along. A slight six pack is carved on my abdomen, while my arms and legs showed more mucles, but I wasn't to bulky, no where near Akane's body-builder configuration. Now I can even stay in the same room when everybody doesn't conceal their aura, yes it is a little hard to breath and move, but it gets better.

Usually at day I would train with Kenji for eight or ten hours then I would learn whatever my grandfather gave me. My skills in Japanese, French and German are definitely improving, very rarely grandfather would come to test me but he was near a native speaker so I still had a hard time sometime.

××××

Today is my last day with Kenji. I wake up and take a shower then I dress up quickly to meet him in the hall. I arrive with a minute before him so I can see the man coming from the room next to mine.

"Kiddo!" he says opening his arms

"Kenji!" I jump in, hugging him tightly.

We got to be good friends so just like good friends do... We both attack at the same time, trying to dodge the other.

"Always alert, good job kiddo"

He tells me that being the last day I should take it easy so I go to the training room to grab my weights. There is Akane Kato, leaning on the wall, probably waiting for me.

"Good morning, Akane-San" I say taking my weights trying not to look at her stare

"It's Kato- sama, for you. Tomorrow meet me at base of the mountain at six am."she orders me as I simply nod watching her go

I continued training for a few hours when I stop to grab something to eat. Kenji comes into the room with a very concerned expression across his face.

" What's wrong, Kenji? "I ask getting up

" Riya... Do you remember what we talked about the first day of your training?"he says playing with his fingers, it's an old habit of Kenji's.

"Hmm, not exactly, why?"I try to think but nothing really comes to my mind.

"You said something about the Unseen Grimoires?"suddenly Naoki Kage cuts in appearing from the shadows.

I jump back surprised by him, but I regain my composure quickly.

"Oh, yeah a friend of mine gave me one."i tell them, remembering that Esthere told me they're kind of a big deal

"You have one?! Which one?"asks Kenji, him being surprised this time

" I don't really know, but I can show it to you if you want."

I go to my room and get the book, still covered in the white sheet.

" I haven't touch it since I got it. Here"i give them the book and when they unfold it both look... Spooked.

" Listen, Riya. There are two of them, one from the Shimizus and one from the Shaans. How in the world did you get it?"says Kenji looking closer to it

" It was a Christmas gift from a witch."I answer sincerely

"A Christmas gift? You really expect us to belive it?" snaps Naoki.

"It's the truth."I snap back at him

"I'll go get Massaro here. If someone knows what's going on, that's the only one who had the answer."

Naoki Kage comes back with Massaro Shimizu and let's her look at the book. The pentagram shines when his fingers came across it, probably the same thing that happened that happened to me. He looks at it for a few moments, then his cold eyes meet mine. His eyes are all I can see, his whole body is still covered in layers of clothes.

" Let's say I get that you got the Shaan's one. Even the Shimizu's, maybe one of the three people that had access to it gave it to your clan or something. But who united them? There are exactly two people who have this power."says Massaro, looking at the book again

"Who?" I ask, maybe I didn't take Esthere too seriously when she gave it to me.

"One of them is me. The other... Dead."he mutters not taking his eyes off the book.

"Who was the other?" I push it a little bit more but in a second Massaro's hand is making contact with my neck. I barely have time to react as I catch his arm, he's a lot thinner than I expected

"You couldn't knew him."he yells at me, clearly bothered by my question.

"At least tell me his name."I ask further letting go of his hand

"A name for another. Who did you get it from.?."he proposes a deal so I take it

" Esthere Shimizu"his eyes widen, hearing the name.

"Of course. Gessele would want it gone."he mutters, like all the pieces fall into the right place

"G? You know her?!" I demand more information but he just turns his back to me

"Naoki, Kenji. Give me the last Grimoire. Let's see how this girl can handle the power she wants so much."

Naoki gets another book similar to the one I gave them and hands it to Massaro. He puts it on top of the other and starts to chant some spell as he cuts his hand. The blood activates the pentagram in the middle. Then he motions me to drop some blood on top too. I do as I'm told as the strange cross starts glowing. Kenji and Naoki do the same thing after as complete darkness covers the books.

When it disappeares there is only one book with a different symbol on top, similar to the previous one, but with a half sun and moon next to the pentagram.

When there is nothing more he puts his hand on the cover as Naoki and Kenji did the same thing

When there is nothing more he puts his hand on the cover as Naoki and Kenji did the same thing.He tells me to put my hand on top and say some strange words then goes back to chanting another spell.

"This will hurt." says Massaro as he puts a dagger through our hands and one in my chest.