s e v e n : what did i just do?

TRIS POV:

   Four, stop!" I scream, as he collides his fists into the door. "Stop!" I scream. He doesn't listen, but keeps slamming against the door. "Four!!" I shriek, and run to him. I grab his shoulders, trying to stop him. He turns away from the door. He walks toward me, in a scary way, and I'm worried that he's going to hit me.

"Four?" he doesn't stop walking towards me, but scowls in a terrifying way. I'm waiting for him to punch me or something, and my back hits the wall. He's trapped me. "Four?!" I yell. "Four?!!! Four! Stop!" I scream in his face. I'm just waiting for the the sting of a slap, but the sting of his words are a thousand times worse.

"Get the hell out of my house." he hisses, his breaths rotating past my face. "Four?" I croak. "Get. Out." he says, emphasizing each word. The last thing I remember is grabbing my things and running out the door and across the road to my house, tears streaking my face.

___________

"Sweetie, just don't worry. It's okay, he's just probably going through something right now." my mom says, as I glance at the clock that reads 11:26 PM. I just walked in about 15 minutes ago, and mom ran after me, up to my room. I didn't tell her about Marcus, how Evelyn died, or that Marcus abused/abuses Four. No matter how upset I am at him, I'm not going to tell his secrets because of it.

I nod at her, not saying anything. "You should get some rest, you have school again tomorrow." she says, patting my shoulder, and stands up.

"Goodnight, girlie. Sleep tight. I love you." she says. I manage an 'i love you too' and climb into bed. I change into a tank, spandex shorts, and put my hair in a messy bun. Turning my light out, I reminiscence everything from the night.

Why did he blow up at me? What did I do? Gah!! Why is he so frustrating?!

I hear a knock on my door, and I look towards the door. I see my mom's jewelry glistening on the nightstand, and she probably came back to get it. She walks in, turning my light back on, and I shield my eyes from the bright light. "What?" I groan. "Forgot my necklace in here." she says, and I roll over, pressing my face into my pillow. "Goodnight." I mumble into the pillow. "Goodnight. Hey...sweetie?" she says. "Yeah?" I ask. "Come downstairs for a minute." she says, and I lazily get up, and slump down the stairs.

"What is it?" I ask, rubbing my eyes in the bright light. Mom hands me a ice pack, instructing me to put it over my eyes, considering how long that I was crying over Four. I hold it there for a while, waiting for the soreness and redness to go away.

I sit at the bar, holding it on one eye, and watch whatever news show that my dad is currently watching. "Beatrice, what happened between you and Four?" my father asks. He's on the couch, facing the TV, and I'm behind him in the kitchen, so he can't see me. I gulp.

   "I was just talking to him, hanging out, and such." I say, and my voice doesn't crack like I thought it would. "Oh, okay. How's his father doing? I haven't heard from him since Evelyn died." he says, and I take a silent but deep breath.

   "Good, as far as I know." I say, and I see him nod. I hear a knock at the door, and I stand up, leaving the ice pack on the table. I unlock the door, and standing in front of me is the best person ever.

Note my sarcasm.

Mr. Eric. Himself.

"Why, hello there. Tris, can I speak with you privately?" he asks. "No." I say.

"Please?" he asks, and I roll my eyes. "Fine." I whisper, and I shut the door behind me, after yelling to my dad that I'll be back in a few minutes. He says alright, and I walk to the side of the porch, sitting on our porch swing with Eric.