Chapter 11

"Connie we need to talk" Sam said walking into her office looking at Grace sitting with the iPad While Connie done paper work "about" she said not looking up "grace Gowan and get something from the vending machine" he told her fishing out some change from his pocket "okay, I'm gonna find grandad" "okay darling" Connie said smiling as she skipped out Sam shut the door and Connie got up and sat beside him on the couch "Sam what is it your scaring me Connie said placing her hand on his leg "who's the baby's father?" "What why do yo-" "is it Jacob" Connie sadly nodded and Sam wrapped his arms around her "does he know about the baby" "no I don't want him to" Connie said tears started to roll down her face "Connie, Connie look at me, it's okay" he told her as she snuggled in to him "what's brought on the question"she asked him sitting up "well there's a big rumour going around the hospital that I've been back for a while and the baby's mine" "how do people come up with this" she scoffed "I don't know, I really don't.." "I need to say something" Connie said getting up, when Sam pulled her back "and what good is that gonna do then there's a who's the father rumour" "I know I just hate rumours about me, I have to shut it down" "ye I get that but then it's the who's the father thing again" "I know Connie I know" he said as she snuggled back into his arms "I know it's only been a day Con, well... we have known each other years.. but I think- I think I'm in love with you" he told her smiling at her, taking his hands she looked at him "you know what Mr Strachan?" "Yes Mrs Beauchamp?" He replied sexily "I think.. I love you too" "ye" "ye" "and Mrs Beauchamp, how are you going to show me that you love me?" "Like this" her lips crashed against his as she got on his lips just as she got to the buttons of his shirt the door opened "Mrs Beauchamp I just wan-" "STAFF NURSE MILLER LEARN TO KNOCK" Connie screeched as Robyn quickly ran out of the office "this will be around the hospital in 3 minutes, you watch" Connie told him as she cuddled into his side.
They were lying there for a while before the door opened "FOR GOD SAKE WOUL-" "ah so the rumours are true"Jac said smirking at Connie and Sam cuddled up together on the couch "Jac, well this is a suprise" "mmmm, anyway, Sam" Jac said looking at Sam "Jac" he said not making eye contact "anyway so a little birdy told me you were pregnant" "well I didn't think you believed gossip" "yes but when it's about you I have to say I'm intrigued, so is Sam the baby daddy" Connie just rolled her eyes "is that any of your business" "well the gossip will go as far as Hansen" Jac told her smiling "your not funny Jac" Connie said trying not to smile just then grace walked in "mummy Robyn just asked me if you were gonna have a baby" "oh did she now" Connie said pushing her tongue into her cheek "what did you say Grace" Sam asked "I told her it wasn't really any of her business and walked of" grace said proudly Connie and Sam tried to keep in there Laugh when Jac who grace hadn't noticed said "wow it's crazy how your so much like your mother" "Auntie Jac" Grace squealed running over and hugging Jac "hello sweetheart" Jac Said hugging Grace back "is Emma still here" Grace asked "well not in the hospital but she's at home" Jac said confused "okay well we need to meet up i need to have a serious conversation with Emma" "okayyy" Jac said whilst holding in her laugh "well I better get back to Darwin" "see you later Jac" Sam said as Connie got up and walked over to her "well we must meet up for the gossip" "oh yes we must it's been about a month and a bit since we last met up" "ye I know, well I've got some rumours to stop" Connie said smirking at Jac "can I stay and watch" goodbye miss Naylor" Connie said smiling at her as she got in the lift. She walked past her office seeing grace and Sam on the iPad "just have a rumour to kill, then we can go" Connie said popping her head in and out of the office.
"Can I have all staffs attention please" Connie barked at all the people who were near the nurses' station "I've heard the whispers going around the department, of me being pregnant" she raised her eyebrows looking at Robyn "and I wanted to say yes I am pregnant and it's a girl and she's due November, and that's as far as you will know, the baby's father is none of your business and neither is my sex life. That's all" she said turning on her heel walking too her office leaving the staff gobsmacked and Jacob thinking things he didn't want to believe it wasn't his baby, was it.
"Let's go" Connie said pulling her coat around her and picking up her hand bag.