Chapter 1: Be harsh won't you

It's Friday, great. I was wondering when this week would end. I got out of my shiny black motorcycle, it's my baby, and took off my helmet as I took off and entered the entrance of the grand "highschool". Phoenix, Arizona was a really hot place so I had black skinny jeans and a black spaghetti strap vest with my black converse on, my typical outfit, anything consisting black.

As I walked through the threshold I tripped and luckily, I caught myself before face planting on the squeaky clean floors. This was frequent being a klutz and all. I decided to circle outback and I entered the cafeteria and sat down on one of the many tables and chairs all coloured with black and purple. While waiting for my best friend, Jennifer, I took out my iPod and a book I was currently reading,Wuthering Heights. I was listening to kamikaze ~ by MØ, one of my favourites. Even though I've read Wuthering heights a million times before, I simply just can't get enough. After about 30 minutes of this activity, I had to stop and look behind me due to a slight tap on my shoulder, only to find Jen, my best friend, standing with a really huge grin. I let out a low chuckle at her expression and stood up to give her a loving hug. I've known Jen for what feels like a millennia, even though its been 4 years.

The first time I met her was during 6th grade... I wasn't completely sold on the idea of us being "besties" as she had put it several times before but she won me over with her cheery attitude. I tell you, the girl never breaks, she's just one unique peach. What's weird is that I actually love her, she's not my usual type of get-together-and-lets-be-friends kind of girl but it worked. She handed me an apple, knowing I hadn't had breakfast yet. "What did I tell you about green apples Jen?" I questioned with a smirk on my face. "That you prefer the red ones" she replied with a slight frown. I lightly laughed at her expression. "The new boy is arriving today Scar," Jen said as she took a seat. There has been a rumour that a new boy was coming to our school. It seemed like it was the only thing the girls in this school could talk about but I never really cared for him. I would be even lucky to bump into him. This is a huge school.

"Since when has gossiping been our thing?" I asked as I ate my apple listlessly. "Since when did we turn into boys?" Jen asked back. I rolled my eyes at her. "That's not what I meant."

"I know, but Scar its not like we do this everyday. Its just a nice topic to talk about," she replied. "Whatever Jen. Let's just change the topic. I hear that there's a new café opening in Ridgewood Avenue," I said to her. "Let's rather go to class you poopy head, I don't want to talk about some lame ass café," Jen rolled her eyes at me.

As I entered the English classroom, I quickly threw the finished apple in the bin and rushed to my seat for the lesson. I tripped again and got caught by Jen. "You little klutz" she smirked. "My hero" I commented sarcastically. Mr Cavendish walked in and started the lesson, which was about writing autobiographies, easy enough, I thought to myself as I opened my notebook and started to mindlessly doodle. English was my best subject, though I was an A student. The bell rang after an hour so I stood up and headed to my next class, calculus. After another class of government I found myself walking to the cafeteria.

I took a tray and bought a cheese-grilled sandwich and lemonade and made my way to our usual table, which was at the back, and took my seat while I waited for Jen as per usual. She arrived with a tray of food consisting of a chicken salad and orange juice. "Oh my gosh" Jen muttered. "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked her. "Scarlett have you seen the new boy?" she asked with an unplaceable expression. "New boy? Oh the new boy. No I haven't seen him at least not yet," I answered. "Oh Scar you should've seen him, his so handsome and gorgeous and..." She rambled on. "Really we're talking about him again?" I asked, feeling slightly annoyed.

"Scarlett, I understand that you aren't a girly girl. I have accepted it but you also have to accept that I am a girly girl and I would love to gossip with my bestie from time to time. Maybe it's about time you accepted that too."