Chapter 33: Don't blink

Scarlett's POV

"Wakey wakey, eggs and bacey!" Jen sang as she jumped on my bed. Frankly it was too early for a normal human being to be this hyper after a tiresome day from yesterday. Nonetheless, she kept on jumping until I pulled out enough strength to push her off my bed. "Ow! Scar, that hurt," she said after she fell. I couldn't help but laugh at her. "Oh you think its funny, huh? I'll show you funny," she says deviously. And the next thing I saw I was on the floor. Jen had pushed me and dragged my blanket off, resulting in a painful landing. "Ouch!" I groaned as I stood up and glared at a laughing Jen.

"You'll pay for that Jenny," I glowered at her. "You started it, I was just paying back the favour," she said, feigning innocence as she skipped out of my room. Stupid Jennifer. Since I was already awake I decided I'd go wash my face and brush my teeth. After I was done I dressed in the clothes on my bed. I wore my white skinny jeans with a black tight vest. I wore my white leather jacket and my black and white converse sneakers. I let my blonde curly hair cascade down my back after combing it and I took my white little bag with my essentials in it as I walked out.

I found Jen seated on the loveseat, talking on her phone. She was talking to her mom. The flight was at 12pm. Right now it was 9:06am. All my bags were packed and everything I needed was here. I took my luggage and rolled it into the living room. By the time I was done, so was Jen. "What were you talking about with your mom?" I asked her curiously. "She wanted to know when she would pick us up. I told her around 8pm," Jen told me. I nodded at her.

"Its already 9, we're supposed to be at the lobby." Jen said. "Oh, luggage and all?" I asked. "Duh, we're not coming back here. So yes luggage and all, the car is already downstairs waiting for us." She said as she dragged her suitcases out of the hotel room we resided in. I followed her with my own luggage. I took the elevator with all our luggage, while Jen walked down the stairs. The boys were already at the lobby, waiting to assist with our luggage. "Hey boys, you guys look nice," I complimented. They were in a leather outfit. We coordinated, again. "Thanks, you girls look beautiful as always," they responded. I rolled my eyes and held my snort. You mean Jen looks beautiful.

She was dressed in black skinny jeans with a white tight vest. She had a black leather jacket on with white ankle boots. Her hair was French braided and she had a little black bag with her. They took our luggage as I handed in our key and checked out. I exited the hotel only to see a black Mercedes limousine parked outside. I stood there with my mouth scraping the pavement. "Are you going to just stand there or are you going to get in?" Anthony asked with a smirk as he approached me. "You got us a freaking limousine!" I exclaimed as I walked towards it. "I splurged," was all he said as we got in. It was all black inside, just like the outside of it. Jen was already seated inside, she had the biggest smile ever. "Scar, we are going to ride in a freaking limo!" Jen squealed as I sat next to her.

"I know Jen, I can't believe it. I feel like a celebrity," I told her as I squeezed her hand so she could calm down a bit. She eventually stopped bouncing on her seat. Our driver, Leonard, drove us to the mall. We still had to eat breakfast, plus Jen had begged to go there and shop for a bit. She wanted to get frames for the many pictures we took on the whole trip. Anthony was seated opposite me, looking out the window, which was open. He also requested music, so the song love the way you lie ~ by Eminem ft. Rihanna was playing.

Soon the car came to a stop. We walked out and entered the ever crowded mall. We went into Connor's corner to eat some breakfast. "Morning guys, this is Connor's corner. May I take your order?" Our waiter, Cameron, asked us. "We would like 4, make it 5 breakfast burritos with 4 Dr peppers." Anthony ordered for us. Our waiter wrote it down walked away. Anthony had ordered 5 burritos, 2 for Danny. While we waited, we reminisced about what we did on the trip.
"She was scared stiff," Danny said as he laughed at me.

"It was a scary ride. I'm surprised we walked away unscathed," I said, trying to defend myself.
"The ride was like 30 seconds long," Danny said as he guffawed with Jen and Tony. "The name of the ride is tower of terror. Any amount of seconds would have been too long Danny," I told him, a bit pissed. "Well it was scary," Jen backed me up. "Thank you!" I expressed as I threw my hands up in the air in resignation.

"Here's your food," the waiter gave us our food. We ate ravenously since we were really hungry. We're always hungry. "What time is it?" Anthony asked. "Its 10 o'clock now," I said to answer him. We ate up and finished.  We went into a store called captured and framed. The name made me chuckle a bit. It seemed like we were fugitives being in this store.

"No, I want this one. It shows that we were at the beach," Jen argued, which was weird seeing that no one paid attention. "Jen, who are you arguing with? We don't care what you take, we just want out," I said as I pointed at the exit with my thumb. She rolled her eyes at me and carried on arguing with herself. After an hour, we had over 20 frames. We walked out and decided to get sundaes before we went to the airport. We went into a ice cream parlour and bought 4 chocolate fudge sundaes with chocolate chips and chocolate syrup. It was just a choco delicacy. "I love chocolate to the moon and back," Danny praised.

We all agreed with him. The dessert was rich and decadent! We exited the mall and climbed in the limo. "To the airport please Leonard," Anthony requested. "Of course," Leonard answered as he rolled up the window that separate the front part and the back part of the limo. He turned the radio on and USA ~ by Miley Cyrus was playing. We all sang to it, loudly and terribly might I add, but it was one of the most fun we've had. I would never forget that moment.

We ate our Sundaes and finished up then we popped a nonalcoholic champagne, so it more or less tasted like sparkling grape juice. "Let's cheers, to great friends, memorable moments and California!" Danny cheered. "Cheers!" We all exclaimed as we clicked our glasses together. "Good champagne," Jen commented. "Better that its nonalcoholic," Anthony chuckled. I rolled my eyes at him and sipped up my drink. We were approximately 10 minutes away from the airport. It was currently 11:25, so we would arrive with 25 minutes to spare. "This was the best trip ever!" Danny said. "I know right. I'm glad I did this," Anthony added. "I'm glad we all went," Jen proceeded. "And I'm glad we all enjoyed it," I said as we clicked our glasses together.

"We're here Mr Mason," Leonard announced. "Its Anthony, and thank you Leonard," Anthony thanked as the car came to a halt. "My pleasure, Anthony," Leonard smirked and closed the window. My side of the limo came out on the parking lot, while Jen's side came out onto the pavement  leading to the entrance of the airport. As I walked out of the limo about 3 things happened.

First, everything seemed to be in slow motion for some reason. Second, my friends we're screaming at me to move out of the way. And third, a car was driving towards me in great speed. The fact that things were moving in slow motion meant that I was moving in slow motion too. I saw the car come at me, blinding me with the headlights. I swear if I had blinked I would've missed it. One moment I saw light and the next I saw darkness. And it consumed my every thought and being, until there was nothing left...