Chapter 3

^^ Some Random Dude as
Dereck

I hang up and quickly get to my motorcycle, the drive seems longer than usual as Rita's voice echos in my ear, "I think we're in trouble."

Rita is usually pretty calm about everything, so the fact that she is worried scares me immensely. I pull up to HQ where Rita and Con are waiting for me, along with my head of training.

"Come with us leader." Says Con. They starts to walk toward the tech offices and I follow. They stop in front of Rita's desk and she gestures towards the screen.

On the screen was about 35-40 little boys pictures, they all went missing around the same time 15 years ago, however no two people went missing the same day. That was around the same time I turned 7.

I turn towards Rita again, "what does this mean?" I ask her.

"All of these boys were allways around 6-7 years old and their parents were all killed the same night as they were abducted, they never had any suspects to what happened and any detective that ever worked on this case died, so everyone left it alone for their own good. It was around that same time that Carl Net stopped having any sightings or any sign that he was still in the country. That was because he wasn't in the country, right after the last boy was taken a plane was hijacked and no one on it lived, the cameras that was on board were smashed to pieces and there was nothing to salvage. As we know, Carl was only 18 when he killed your mother, he inherited all his men and money when his father died, making his men a lot older than he is. I think that when he saw that you were starting to train when you were 7, he knew you were going to be a threat. He knew that he couldn't get to you with all the extra security so he started training the next generation. He forced them to basically be his slaves, making them train their own recruits." She stops to take a breath and continues. "I have found the list of names that each boy has recruited by hacking into Carl's computer. I identified the blood of all the people who you knocked out and matched their DNA to the list, which means that our friend in the containment cell, is Samael Byte, the third boy to be taken and from what I can tell he was a very important weapon of Carl's." She finishes.

"So this means that Carl is a way bigger threat than we thought, all this time we thought that Carl was hiding from us, but he is hiding the army he is building." I take a breath, "I'm going to go let off some steam ok."

They nod and I make my way to the gym. I go to the back of the room and find a black punching bag, perfect. I throw my fist into the leather and curse as I let my thoughts wander.

I should have been better, I should have trained harder, if I cant even beat Samael then how am I going to beat Carl. He may be older but something tells me that he is still even more skilled than Samael, I mean, he trained the guy, also, what kind of a name is Samael? Ugh, I guess we will see when he wakes up.

I stay there for a while, thinking of how many ways I could kill Carl before I realize that I'm supposed to be back at the castle for my Christmas dress fitting. I lift my leg up and swiftly kick the side of the bag making it swing violently as I slammed my fist into it one last time.

I use my car to get to the castle this time so it makes a better appearance, I don't know what people would think if I showed up in a motorcycle but I don't want any suspicioun, maybe I'm just being paranoid. As I arive all my maids are waiting inside the doors and they usher me to my dressing room.

I slip into the long rich green dress that curves in all the right places. The waist gathers perfectly and the shimmering skirt falls to my ankles. Its hemmed at the bottom and the wrists in a cheery red. The waist is tied in the back with a simple red sash that I ask Marie to tie.

"You look beautiful my queen." She compliments, "your mother would have loved to see you right now."

I nod with a smile. Marie, the head maid, was best friends with my mother and she has been my personal care taker for as long as I can remember, I love her a lot like I would a family member. Multiple times have I considered to tell her about the Mafia but decided against it, it would only bring her more trouble.

The rest of the maids swarm around me and start pinning and tucking every where.

I pull aside when I hear my phone buzz against the marble dresser next to me. I expect it to be either Con, Dereck, or Rita so I pick it up quickly only to find that it was a text message from a unknown number. I gasp at the words that are written plainly on the screen.

Don't think you are safe from me, I will get you.

I freeze, a million questions run through my head. I stare down at my phone. What did this person want? How did he get my number? Does he know that I'm the leader of the mafia? Could he be a person already in my life?

My mind eventually settled on one conclusion, Carl. Who else would it be. I looked around, seeming to think that the answer to my problems would be written on the walls.

I need to get to HQ quickly.