s i x ⇢ no time for jokes, kenzie

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

johnny orlando

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

i lay in my bed in my cold, dark room. filled with many simple objects, such as my bed, desk and really that's it. i lay on my bed staring at the wall, listening to complete utter silence. i turn on my side to see 2:23 am written in bright, red letters across my clocks screen.

i sigh as this is really my normal night routine, but something felt different. i feel like i wasn't alone and i knew there were other people laying in there bed, staring at their ceiling doing absolutely nothing.

the person i had in mind was kenzie.

i knew it was wrong to text her as she may be sleeping peacefully in her bed, but i needed comfort and i felt that she was the only one who could comfort me. i pick my phone up off my bedside table, clicking the home button making the bright, white light blind my eyes.

i type in my password slowly, while my eyes still adjust to the light. i pull up my messaging app, clicking on the contact name, 'kenzie'. i hesitate to type in my message i want to send to her as i knew it was wrong.

-

johnny; kenzie

johnny; this is wrong

johnny; i'm sorry, just ignore this

kenzie; johnny, it's 2;30 in the morning

kenzie; are you okay?

kenzie; are you hurt?

johnny; does hurting on the inside count?

kenzie; oh john

kenzie; can i come over?

kenzie; i'm good at comforting ;)

kenzie; okay, no time for jokes kenzie

johnny; can you please?

kenzie; whats your address, i'll be over in 5

johnny: 75 court place

kenzie; i'll be there soon

kenzie; will your parents mind?

johnny; they don't mind when i have people over, whether it's 2 pm or 2 am

kenzie; go down to the door

-

i quietly turn the door handle to the front door of my house, revealing a brunette standing in front of me wearing some checkered pj pants, with a huge, warm looking jacket covering the top part of her body.

"come in," i allow her to enter the house, getting her out of the cold weather. she mumbles a quiet 'thank you' while she takes her ugg boots off at the front door. i lock the front door, securing us in the house and lead her upstairs to my room. i allow her to enter my room before i shut the door quietly.

"how are you?" she says, jumping up onto my rather high bed. she grabs the blanket that sits at the end of my bed, wrapping her small body into it.

"been better," i chuckle quietly before jumping back under the covers of my cozy bed. "you can come up in here." i allow her to come under the covers of my plush bed. she lifts up the covers and slides her petite body under the covers allowing warmth to envelop her body.

she lays her head against the pillow, turning to her side so her gaze is set on me. "tell me your problems," she shuffles her legs around, sometimes grazing them along with mine, sending goose bumps up my spine.

"it's pretty normal for me to be up this late, but tonight i felt different," i explain my feelings to her, watching her face have concentration written all over it.

"what type of different?" her eyebrows scrunch together as she asks her burning question that she eagerly wants me to answer.

"i felt like something was with me," she nods at my statement. "that person was you." her lips curve up into a small, soft smile and her cheeks have a small tint along them. "i feel like your the only person i can open up to and i've only known you for a small amount of time."

"i'm always here, and i get your story." she whispers. "some people can be douche bags and don't care about your story, but i care and you should know that." her body shifts closer to mine.

"get some sleep, we can ditch school tomorrow." she winks at me. i wrap my hand around her shoulders, bringing her closer to me.

"you know you're the only friend i've had for years," i whisper into her dark, brunette hair.

"well i'm glad to be that person." she rests her head against my chest. "goodnight, johnny."

"night, kenzie." i kiss the top of her head gently.

-

OOOOO JENZIE GETTING INTO ITTTTTT

yaS queen

35 votes and 10 comments for the next chapter