eight.

"where should i drop you off this morning?" ricci asked as he goes down from his room. he looks so professional, wearing black tight slacks, white long sleeved tucked in his pants with 3 out of 7 buttons loose. his hair slicked back and his fresh face. i'm never falling for this again, no matter how good he looks. "why are you here?"

"I live here, doc. Di pa pala nasasabi sayo ni Tito, kaya naman pala I took you by suprise kanina. Good morning indeed?"

"Mr. Rivero, I beg your----"

"Its not just Mr. Rivero anymore, Dr. Gumabao. I'm not the same Ricci you met years ago. I've changed."

"What changed? Your name?" I chuckled. "You don't live here. You have to leave immediately kung gusto mong buhay ka pa paguwi mo ng Pilipinas."

"No." he chuckled and looked at me with absurdity. "Pag umuwi ka, saka lang din ako uuwi. Until then, I'm living here."

"So ano ngang nagbago? Your cheating habits? Bakit, have they improved?" I bantered, shutting him up and making him step down from his throne.

Donny tried to interrupt the conversation between us. "Alex please---"

I let out a deep sigh as I kick Ricci out of my way to get my white coat and steth. "Well Donny, I have to go, I have to make my rounds pa. Make sure this person leaves this house by the time I get back from my duty."

"Di ka na kakain?" Donny asks one more time. "No. I'd rather have breakfast with Roch this morning."

"You have to go home early, anak." biglang lumabas si Dad from his room wearing his formal wear. "May meeting tayo with Engineer tonight. He's really good, he passed the boards sa Pinas years ago. Top of his class in UP Diliman. You have to be there and spare him time."

"Sure, dad. Engineer who? Ang galing ah, UP-D?Was that the friend you met last night?" I asked.

Ricci smiled at nagbaba ng papel sa ibabaw ng table. Dad smiled and scratched his head like Donny. Nagkahawaan na talaga sila ng mannerism habang ako, clueless. "Haven't you heard of it? I thought you both were friends?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Ricci?"

"Dad, I can never be friends with the person who cheated on me." I said, leaving everyone silent. "So sino nga yung Engineer? Para I can prepare myself and pay respect properly."

"Balita ko gwapo din daw yun eh, bagay siguro kayo---" singit ni Ricci sa usapan.

I shushed him up immediately. "As far as I know , its really disrespectful to butt in in a conversation. Kaya shut up, di ikaw ang kausap."

"Woah there, doc. Okay, chill. I will." sabi niya, raising his hands up as he fixes his sleeves and folding it up.

"Dad?" I asked once more as I was waiting na sabihin nya kung anong pangalan nung Engineer na kakausapin namin mamaya.

"Its Engineer Ricci Paolo Rivero." sabi ni Dad and my jaw just dropped on the floor. I looked at Donny who was chuckling as he face palms at the same time. Ricci looked proud as he hands out his hand for a handshake with me. "Hello, I'm Engineer Rivero. Pleasure to see you again, Doc Gumabao."

I gave him the fakest smile since he's my dad's business partner. Ricci smiled back and took his hand back since he knows na hindi ko aabutin yun at makikipag kamay sa kanya. He reached out for a business card and gave it to me. "In case you'll ever need my number for business or personal purposes, here's my card."

"I don't need it, Engineer Rivero." I smiled at him fakely then flashed my bitch face again.

"Can you please be professional, Dr. Gumabao? I'm here for business."

"What business? With my dad?"

"Yup. At the same time, I'm working on winning you and your forgiveness.."

"Well, Engineer Rivero?" I walked towards him and smiled at him as I stop in front of him to tease him.

"Yes?"

I slapped his business card on his chest. He was taken aback as I gave him a massive smile. "Do business with my dad all you want but winning me back? That's pure bullshit. I'm not giving you the priveledge to hurt me again."

"I'm here to apologize too--"

"Men think they have the luxury to win over their lady kahit ilang beses nila 'tong sinaktan when shouldn't be normalized. "

"You're not giving me a chance, Alex."

"Why should I? Sirang sira ka na sakin, Ricci. Engineer ka man, nag top ka man sa boards o sa UP, wala akong pakialam don. The fact na you're a graduate of UP but nagawa mo paring gawin yun sakin, isn't that absurd to think na nakapasok ka sa UP?"

"Then let me prove you I'm not the same guy anymore." he chuckled and he still got to smile habang sinapul ko na'ng lahat ng maaari kong ibato sa kanya ngayon araw. Ubos na ubos na ang oras ko. I shouldn't be doing this but he's really testing me. I've been over this issue for years but now that he's back, I can't lose track anymore of my life na bahagya ko nang mabuo sa New York after he broke me into tiny little pieces. It took so much courage from me to be able to pick up the shards of glass na pinukpok niya sa puso ko. I can't let him break me anymore— not at this moment wherein I'm just starting to feel whole again.

Sinagi ko siya as I take steps away from him and the dining area, leading myself to get my car keys at lumabas na. I stopped for a while to speak. "Prove it to me once you've manned up enough to face your mistakes and apologize without crying like you're the victim of all of this. Ricci, I hate cowards. I hate cheaters. Don't be an ass. Don't make me hate you even more." sabi ko then I left the room, immediately making me dizzy as I got out.

My heart weirdly skipped a beat and I felt electricity run throughout my body just like the moments noon whenever I have physical contact with him. I take hold of my forehead as his perfume lingered under my nose. Pumasok ako kaagad sa loob ng kotse ko and I was still in shock because of that encounter. I dialed Roch's number and he immediately picked up. "Anong meron? Ang aga mong tumawag." he spoke like he was expecting the call.

"Shit, Roch. Hindi panaginip. Hindi multo." I muttered. "He's really back, Ricci's back."