chapter two - you're hot

"when did you come back?" grayson met my eyes once more.

i ditched my first class to sit down and talk to grayson dolan. i'm probably not the first doing that for him.

i mean i would probably do anything for him.

i'm just kidding.

really.

"last night" i looked down at my fingers again, not daring to drown in those eyes one more time.

we didn't really separate in the best way possible. he was very disappointed in me leaving but at the same time, i couldn't do much about it.

"you never called me" he looked at me but i didn't bother copying his move.

"i didn't know you wanted me to"

he sighed before carefully answering my statement.

"of course i wanted to, you are my best friend"

i furrowed my brows before letting out a slight huff of air.

"then why didn't you call me?"

he looked guilty, realizing i did have a point. "look at me, del". he knows me better than anyone and i hate the distance we've had this year. i'm disappointed in myself for not calling or texting but i'm also disappointed in him - for not trying harder.

i met his eyes, feeling a bit uncomfortable in this constant eye contact but i know this is his way of showing me i can trust him.

"i'm so happy you're back and i'm sorry that you never heard from me but i was so angry at first. at you, for leaving me." he paused and i glanced down to my lap before regaining eye contact.

before he had time to continue, i started speaking "i've missed you too" i smiled "a lot".

he brought me in for a hug, which i gladly replied.

some students always thought me and grayson had something, but that's not true. sure he is the love of my life but not in that way. his dickhead to a brother was always being mean to me and grayson stood up to me, always keeping me close. i believe it has to do with their father. ethan switched fully once he passed and i think grayson feels kind of guilty for letting him go. it was nothing he could do about it but he blamed himself anyway.

so now he tries to save me since he couldn't save his dad.

poor soul.

we grabbed our bags and walked into school again. we have some classes together and i'm pleased about that but i'm nervous about the rest.

i need to find my locker to settle down so grayson followed me around the school, trying to help.

"heard you were back, scarface"

wonderful.

i turned around, meeting ethan's hazel eyes. his mouth opened slightly before licking his lips - smirking.

i rolled my eyes and heard grayson sigh beside me. "shut up already" grayson took a step forward, keeping me somewhat behind him.

like he always does.

ethan chuckled, pulling his hand through his hair. "come on lil' brother, i wasn't about to do anything" his smirk never leaving his lips, nor did our eye contact.

he took a few steps forward, walking past his brother, towards me. he probably expected me to back up as he slowly got closer but i promised myself to never show myself scared or weak again so there i was. waiting for him to approach me.

his face was too near for my own preference but i lifted my chin to meet his nasty gaze.

he smirked lightly before he lowered his face down to my ear, "so...you're hot now".
he raised his head to look me straight into my eyes and continued, "why don't you come over tonight"

i smiled while looking down at my feet for a second, i met his eyes, still with a smile on my face; "yeah, well you're not" i bumped my shoulder into his - walking towards grayson. "plus, i prefer the bigger brother" i smiled innocently, pulling grayson towards my locker.

-----
i'm editing and am actually writing this story now!!