chapter three - catching up

"scar?" i turned around rapidly as i was immediately recognizing her voice.

"bell!"

she jumped on me, holding onto me for her life.

bellatrix is my best friend, the only one i'm telling everything. we've been neighbors for as long as i can remember.

it was hard leaving her but she understood. it wasn't my choice.

"what the hell bro" she let go of me and met my eyes. "you didn't tell me you were coming".

i couldn't stop smiling. bell is that one friend who always gets me in trouble.

she would be considered a bad influence but my parents love her. i don't know how but i'm grateful for it.

"i wanted to surprise you"

"fucking bitch" she muttered underneath her smile. "did you meet any hot guys in new york?"

boys is everything that bell ever thinks about. she's been in most of the guys' pants and if she didn't go all the way, she at least took a taste.

a smirk played on my lips when i saw the excitement in her eyes, "maybe..."

she slapped my arm with the back of her hand while gasping dramatically. "and you didn't tell me?!" her voice was on the verge of screaming and i could see people behind her, looking our way.

i laughed and told her to shut up, before leaving my biology books in my locker.

"i hate to say this but i have to go, i promised to go home directly after school to help my mom" she rolled her eyes, pretending to be annoyed.

bell's dad left when she was 7 so she's really close with her mom.

she's a badass but when it comes to mari, i've never seen a more protective daughter.

"of course, tell mari i said hi and that i'll probably be over soon" i winked at her, knowing that i'm always welcome.

she smiled eagerly "i'm so glad you're back!" she pulled me in for one more tight hug.

she let go and started walking backward "i'll see you tomorrow".

i can't believe that i actually will. it's been too long.

----
the next day

"where did your new sense of style come from, scar?"

kian joined me by the hip, throwing his arm around my shoulders.

"i'm literally wearing basics" i rolled my eyes but couldn't stop a smile from forming on my lips.

i could never understand why kian didn't have a girlfriend. he's tall, has dark hair, beautiful features and is one of the nicest guys i've ever met.

he once told me something about liking the freedom. but after a few shots, the reason changed.

i don't deserve love

i tried to get him to elaborate, but i couldn't. he just stood up and walked away.

"yeah but you look good" he emphasized the word 'good' as he continued with a whistle.

i let out a huff of air through my nose to let him know that i was entertained.

i value kian and i's friendship.

mike finally found what he was looking for in the car and ran up to us. "dude, look what coach gave me for homework" he laughed lightly.

kian let go of my shoulders as he let out a loud laugh and grabbed the paper mike was holding out for him. "more cardio?" he laughed again, "even i didn't think you were this bad".

they continued to be amused by the fact that the coach had written down exercises he thought mike needed.

they processed to walk towards school and i could feel myself drifting away to my own bubble. leaving me a few meters behind.

i have so many scars from this place, the constant bullying because of how i looked.

i haven't heard a single negative thing about my appearance yet, but i guess it's just a matter of time.

i reached the school building and had almost pulled the door all the way up when i felt a hand on my ass.

the guy squeezed hard, "what's up, babe".

i turned around to see dylan smirking down at me. before anyone could react, my hand came in contact with his cheek.

"don't fucking touch me!"

his hand rested on his, now red, cheek with a smirk playing on his lips.

"feisty, i like it"

his eyes wandered up and down my body while walking backwards a couple of steps. licking his lips, before biting gently.

meet my ex-boyfriend.

----
i'm feeling inspired