DOWNTOWN DETROIT- HAROLD'S 24/7 QUICKMART

29, JANUARY 2040 - 00:16:04

-WINTER-

---

"Alright... this case better be good enough for you to have called me in the middle of my fucking shows, Gavin," Hank grumbles, walking up to the active crime scene; right in front of a convenience store; me in tow behind him, "Now... why with all the cop cars and barricades, looks like you're waiting for the S.W.A.T,".

Gavin sighs and rolls his eyes, clearly not wanting to be there either, "We are".

The smug smile fades from his face, "Shit. That bad?".

"Yeah...".

Clearing his throat Hank says, "So... what's the situation?".

"Not much info, just some nutjob shooting up a store. We just need to get everyone out, saving the civilian's lives is the most important things here,".

"Christ... how many officers we got out there?".

"In total? 4, but now that you're here we'll pull them back until the S.W.A.T unit arrives".

Hank furrows his eyebrows, "Why? This isn't a murder case, so there's not much I can do to help. ".

Gavin smirks and points to me, "But he can".

Both Hank and I blink in confusion for a moment, "What?".

"He's a negotiator model, right?" Gavin says, not even bothering to talk to me directly, "Pretty sure he can do something to help, it's done shit like this before. And if something happens to it, no harm done, right?".

"Why, you little-".

Hank's stress level shoots up and I have to place my hand on his shoulder to prevent him from going off on Gavin. "I can assure you, I will do everything in my power to help get the hostages to safety, Officer Reed," I say, "But I must remind you that I am now a free android, and discrimination against my kind is a criminal offense. So, I advise you to perhaps think before you speak to me as if I'm still just a machine".

His jaw tightens slightly as he lets out a sharp breath, seeming annoyed at my ability to defend and speak for myself, but Hank... Hank seems proud, even though he's usually the one to defend me. "Just get over there and get those people out, okay? I don't give a shit about what you are or aren't, all that matters right now is the job" Gavin says, shuffling away in annoyance.

We stand there for a moment until he's out of earshot. "Haha, you showed him, Connor!" Hank says, walking towards a stand of police cars, giving me a hearty pat on the back, "You never told me you were a negotiator, I thought you were just a deviant hunter".

I shake my head and look away, trying not to think about the similarities between this mission and the one with the deviant named Danial who stood on the roof with his keeper's daughter last year. "Before I was assigned to the DPD, I worked on small homicide and hostage cases. I didn't find this information that important at the time so I never told you". That's only half true, the main reason I really didn't want Hank to know about my past is because of what happened on that mission, "I'll tell you about some of my missions if that so pleases you,".

"Eh, you can do that later. Let's get into some gear before going out there alright? I don't know how much time we got before this guy takes another life".

I furrowed my eyebrows for a moment, my LED flashing yellow for a moment as I realize what he's getting at, "Let's? I'm the only one who capable of initiating a negotiation, Lieutenant. There's no need to put yourself in danger for my sake".