Subject: Alive

Hey guys! I have another story! This one is, once again, about a zombie apocalypse. I really can't get enough of this! However, it's a short story, but not as brief as the last one. Without further ado, I present to you Subject: Alive, and I hope you guys like it!

"Doctor, she's not gonna make it!"

"We have to try!"

"We need another blood transfusion!"

"What's her blood type again?"

"Type AB negative."

"AB? Is that even heard of? That's extremely rare."

Darkness...strange voices.

"We don't have a match!"

"We're losing her!"

"My baby! Please save my baby! She's all I have!"

Why so much chaos...?

"They're coming!"

"Hurry!"

"Wait-,"

Beep...beep...beep...

XXX

I was never fond of waking up to such a bright light. Especially from such a great sleep. Isn't that a teenager's motive? To sleep all day? Relax? I know it's mine.

A groan escaped from my throat as my eyes tried to adjust to the blinding light. Slowly, my body began to rise with a slight ache in my bones, but I quickly brushed it off.

However, aside from the light and my aching body, I noticed something.

I was in a bed, and it wasn't my own. I was also wearing a white hospital gown.

I snapped my head to the left, then to the right; trying to find some clue of where I was. There was a heart monitor beside me, and a small desk right below it. Wait, a heart monitor...?

I'm in a hospital? Why am I in a hospital? I noticed one of those assistance buttons on the side of the bed and I pushed it. At least a nurse or someone can help me...

I sat there, twiddling my thumbs, waiting. Of course I pushed the button again, but no one came.

I sighed, and rolled my eyes. Are they really that busy to attend to a patient?

I swung my feet over the bed, and slightly jumped at the cold touch of the marble floor. I couldn't find a pair of shoes anyway, so I slowly made my way out the door. My hand twisted the knob and I pushed open the wooden item.

Wow...I was not expecting this.

For one, it was completely quiet, which was quite rare in a hospital. Another thing was how trashed the place was. The hallway light kept blinking on and off, with a couple of chairs toppled on top of each other.

Discarded clothes lingered on the floors and a broken broom sat in the corner just beside another set of doors. My feet complied with my brain as I walked down the hallway, being careful not to step on any pieces of splintered wood.

I made it to the door, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue.

A bloody hand print was nicely painted on the glass doors, and made me wonder just what happened here. Although my heart was beating (quite fast might I add), I tried to erase my fear and pushed through the doors. This time, there wasn't only one hallway; no, it was an endless maze of paths. I just didn't know which one would lead me out of here.