Chapter 3 or 4 (I don't remember): Pancakes

(A/N: I got hungry so I called it Pancakes..)

I opened my eyes, well, I tried to. The bright light made my sore eyes hurt even more and I was dehydrated. Crazily. I was tempted to move my fingers, but at the same time I was too scared. I sat up, only to learn that I was tied done with ropes. Ropes? My mind raced with questions, who was the man? Where am I? What happened? Am I alive? The last one seemed pretty over exaggerated but right now, I can’t tell where I am.

Suddenly I heard voices, I turned my neck, and pain filled my body. It was black again.

                                                        * * * * * * * * * * *

“Good morning Ashley”

The call of my full name bought me to my senses. Mom? But at the swift scent of simple perfume, I knew it wasn’t my exotic mom. My vision blurred, I was handed a red pill. I swallowed it, I don’t know why, but I did. Immediately, things became sharper and I could properly see the women in front of me.

She was short, like 5 ft and 2 inches or something. Her tight brown bun perfect without a single hair out of place, her modest v neck into the white blouse and the black pencil skirt curving at her knees. Her eyes looked watery but had an edge to it that I wanted to escape from. My second instinct was to look around the wherever I was.

It would be nice to call it a room, the white walls, the simple cupboard and the “bed” I was on. This was actually more of a cot.

"Ashley?”

I snapped out and refocused on the women.

Out of the millions of questions I just said, “what?”

She laughed. A horrid laugh, short and rough, more like a bark

“May I?” she gestured to the imitation of a bed

I nodded and grasped the thin coverlet, I glanced to see what I was wearing, my navy jeans and a tight OBEY shirt. I noticed that my wallet’s bulge in my pockets had disappeared.

“Don’t worry, we haven’t stolen from you” the lady said reading my mind

I just nodded.

We sat in silence for a moment until she broke it

“Well, Ashley, first of all, my name is Sarah Thornton but the other kids here call me Miss Thornton”

Other kids?

She sensed my confusion, “Yes, you’ll soon meet the others for breakfast.Talking about breakfast. I’ll leave you to get ready. Down the corridor and left, you’ll see stairs, walk down those and enter the main room”

The lady left me with a slight creak of the door.

I stood up, a little shaky at first but then I found my balance. I didn’t know how to “get ready”. There wasn’t a mirror, or any of my toiletries. I flattened my shirt and told myself it was just a dream. At least, I hope it’s just a dream.