Meal Fit For a Hero

Once you got back to Kakariko Village you were soon greeted by a cucco running past you feet. You jumped back a little bit before chasing after it. Cuccos can run pretty fast, but you soon lunged for it and had it in your arms.

You kept a tight hold on the cucco as it kept flailing in your arms and made your way over to the cucco lady.

"These guys are always getting loose!" You said, placing the cucco in the pen.

"Oh goddesses! Thank you so much! I would never be able to catch them because of my allergies, you're always there to help, Y/N!" She said turning to you and giving you a kind smile.

"No problem!" You said returning the smile, and turning to walk towards your house.

You turned the wooden knob and walked into your quite small home. It was small, but it was fine for you because you lived alone and didn't have much stuff.

You sat down on your make-do and examined the sword you bought a couple hours ago.

"I can't wait to try this out!" You said excitedly to yourself. Then placed your sword down safely when you heard a growl from your stomach.

"Ugh, I forgot I was actually hungry."

You walked over to the cabinets and threw them open.

"Empty..." You cringed.

You turned towards the door and turned the knob, heading outside towards the small shop in Kakariko.

You hummed happily as you opened the door to the shop but quickly stopped in your tracks when you saw him.

"Link!?" You said staring at him.

Link turned from the counter. "Huh? Oh! Y/N!" Link turned around giving you a warm smile.

You returned the smile gradely. "So, what are you doing in Kakariko?" You asked walking to the counter with him.

"I just though I'd pay a visit because I haven't been here much lately." He said while looking at the shop clerk and handing him a couple of rupees.

You grinned. "You should come over I'm just about to make dinner!" You couldn't help but become more and more trusting with his kind nature.

"Really!?" He beamed. "That'd be great!" The shop clerk handed him a blue potion which Link put in his pouch.

You pointed to a couple of food items and bought some Lon Lon milk. You handed the shop clerk the rupees and thanked him kindly.

"Oh I'll take that." Link smiled and took the food and milk.

"Aren't you helpful?" You opened the shop door for Link and led him to your house, opening the door.

"Nice house!" Link complimented, setting the items in the kitchen.

"Oh, your such a liar." You joked and began to prepare the vegetables.

"No, really! It's very cozy." Link paused. "You live alone?" He asked, looking around.

You frowned a little, bringing out a pot and filling it with water then placing it over the fire. "Yeah.. They died when I was younger." You turned to Link. "Oh! I didn't notice you found your hat." You giggled. "It suits you."

Link smiled. "Your too kind."

You started to toss in the condiments into the pot. "So where's your fairy?"

Link laughed and took off his hat to reveal a tired looking fairy on his head.

You turned to him. "Aww!" You laughed. "She goes inside your hat!"

Link smiled. "Yup! I guess she likes it in there."

"Dinners ready!" You grinned, taking the pot off the stove and carefully pouring it into two bowls. Then placing the bowls on the wooden table along with the Lon Lon milk you bought. "Shall we eat?" You smiled.