Chapter Two

Present Day

Needless to say, Jelena and Anthony did go out that night, and made it official that night as well. Two years have past and she had never been happier. She still received calls and texts from Eric, but she ignored them for personal reason. Deep down she knew, Eric was not for her. He was a very intelligent man, but he was too cocky. She also knew about the many women in his life, that's why she decided not to even entertain the idea.

Jelena's POV
Today was the day that I celebrate 2 years of being happy with the love of my life. I sat at my desk and I wrote down a To-Do List of what I needed to get done for tonight. "Pick up dessert, pick up gift, get Daniel and Davi to set up my apartment..." she said aloud. "Pick up some lingerie," her best friend, Keisha Mackey interrupted, popping her head in my office, "you know y'all gettin y'all freak on." I laughed, "Maybe, maybe not." I stopped writing and Keisha came in and sat at the chair in front of my desk, "Yeah, yeah. Do you think he's gonna propose?" I sat back in my chair and thought briefly, "I don't know, probably not. That's too cliché. You know Anthony likes to be somewhat original and he does stuff if the moment is right." Keisha laughed for a moment, "says the person who was asked to be their girlfriend a couple days before Valentine's Day. Like that's really original." "It is! Now if would've been cliché if he asked be ON Valentine's Day." We both laughed and I looked at the time. "Well the days almost over, you wanna help me pick some things out?" I asked. "Of course darling, you know you're my best friend. I would simple die if I didn't," she exaggerated. I rolled my eyes, grabbed my purse, keys, and put on my trench coat. This winter was not too harsh, but it was still pretty damn cold. After asking my twin nephew and niece, Daniel and Davi, to set up my apartment for me, I went shopping for lingerie. I looked thru some stuff while Keisha ducked off somewhere. I was flipping thru the racks when I heard out a familiar voice call out my name. "Two years later and you just seem to not age." I turned and there stood Eric. I felt goosebumps but I kept my cool. "Why hello, I haven't seen or heard from you in forever." 'That was so fake and he knew it' Eric walked closer to me so we were inches apart. "You're absolutely right, two years, Ley[lay]. Since that night, we...did what we did. You snuck out. Never heard from you again." He said, lowering his voice. "You make it seem more harsh than it was." "Well I called, text, anything. Got nothing." "I apologize, I just knew it wasn't going to work ou-" just as I was about to explain myself, Keisha pops back up with a all black lingerie set that was absolutely gorgeous. "Girrrrrrrrl, I found it! I found the one for yo———ohhhh heyyy Eric." She replied, in as much shock as I was. "What's up, Key?" He responded, but never took his eyes off of me. I looked at her, "it's perfect, let's get it and go." I tried to hurry up and walk away, but Eric grabbed me before I could turn away. "I want to take you out, so we can have a conversation. Saturday night. 8pm. The Spot. I deserve some kind of explanation." He let me go then walked away. I stood there in shock. Keisha consoled me, "I never thought I'd see Eric again. What happen? Are you okay?" I snapped out of my state of being shocked and gathered myself, "Yeah yeah I'm fine. Now what we need to do is also fine this is Red. You know black is my thing, but I wanna switch it up. For Eric." Keisha looked at me confused, "you mean Anthony, right?" "That's what I said. Come on let's go." After running errands and getting my niece and nephew home, I got ready for my anniversary. Everything just felt right. I was waxed, put on his favorite scent which was my Pink Sugar body oil, used unscented baby oil to get all glossy, and beat my face to the Gods! I wore a little black dress from Fashion Nova, and gold Giuseppe heels. I had recently dyed my honey blond hair to black. So I straighten it. It went past my bra strap and I was proud. I went with a dark red lip stick and just a simple wing for my eyes. I looked at the time and I went to check on the food I had prepared. It was ready. Pan seared chicken with Alfredo sauce and spinach, sliced potatoes, and asparagus. I put some white wine on ice beside the dining room table, and made sure everything was perfect.