Chapter 1: The Start Of It All

Chapter 1

The Start Of It All

I felt the wind brushing my hair. It felt so calming and took my mind off of events that would later happen. The feeling of calm isn't something I always feel. The fact was that I didn't have to worry. This breeze some how made me think of nothing, and honestly I like it.

I opened my eyes to see kids staring at me. Like I was some freak. I finally listened in to what they were saying. “Move Bitch!” Someone said into my ear. I looked behind me to see some kid yelling that. I came to realization of what was happening. I walked off the steps of the bus and entered the main field. I felt a few kids pushed me, but I didn't really care. I looked of at the lunch tables to see my spot empty, and no jocks around. I walked over towards it.

I pushed through the cheerleaders practicing, and the jocks throwing the ball. I passed through the crowd of people making out. I got a few weird looks, but I didn't really care. I pushed through the final group of kids and plopped into my seat. I felt the breeze relax me as I took off my book bag. I put it beside me and unzipped it and pulled out my journal. I got my pen out as well. I started flipping through the pages admiring my work. Once I came to the first clean page I started my writing.

I started writing about my character, Aaron, meeting Sarah. She was the finest princess in the town. Aaron was suppose to marry her sister, but they meet on his journey to the castle while Sarah is escaping. They fall in love, but they sadly fail. Sarah and Aaron are killed because her sister could never take that Sarah was with Aaron. I called this book 'Disasterology'.

I know it is cheesy, but it will wind me an award one day. That's the only reason I go to this hell, I mean school. I want to be a writer. I don't care that I'm not the prettiest girl in the world, but when your a writer no one will know what you look like, and even if they do, will they honestly stop reading?

The bell rings and I put my stuff in my bag. I throw my bag across my shoulder and wait for everyone to enter. When the only people left are the couples I walk in. I rush to my homeroom avoiding people as much as possible. After a few pushes and shoves I get to homeroom. I walk over to the last seat on the front row and sit down. I watch people come in, since I really don't have anything to do. After ten minutes of that the teacher enters the room.

“Okay students! How's everyone's Monday going?” The teacher asked in joy. Everybody replies in groans and sighs. “I guess not as well as mine. Well, who's not here?” The teacher said in absolute concern. Everyone looks around.

“Jess isn't here ma'am,” someone mutters from the crowd. Everyone starts giggling. I just look out the window. I feel someone tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see Miley Patrick, the school's mean girl.

“Jess, stand up for yourself.” She tells me.

I let out a nervous laugh. “I'll tell her when class is over.” I reply.

Miley looked at me pissed. She turned towards the teacher. “Mrs. Rosa! Jess is right here.” Miley yells to the class. Everyone started laughing. She turned towards them. “Guys! Stop laughing!” I could tell she was keeping a laugh in from her voice. I sighed and turned back round in my seat.

“Jess, are you here today?” The teacher asked, scanning the room.

“I'm right here Mrs. Rosa.” I tell her. She looks at me confused.