Chapter 2

HAYES POV

So we just got to Pennsylvania and I am going shopping for a beautiful neckless for Mack because she deserves the best. I was having fun shopping until I left and got hit in the head with a ball.

"Hey what was that for?" I screamed like I was 13 again. The kids that threw it seemed like they were about 13.

"What are you gonna do about it old man call my mom" this kid yelled. Also his friends started laughing so hard. It wasn't even that funny.

"Hey I could still beat you up I used to play football and I still do with my brothers."

"Oooooooo I am sooo scared"

"Well you should be" I said as I ran after this kid. They ran away but he got me so mad so I kept running after them.

"Try and catch me old man"

"Oh I will" I said as I ran faster. I also just caught up to him and tripped him. Also shoot there was a cop right there.

"Sir I am afraid you will have to come with me" the cop said.

"But these kids were harassing me."

"Ok but still they did no physical abuse you did this kid has a bloody nose"

"I will see you in court old man!!" the stupid little kid said.

"Fine whatever"

MACKS POV

So I have been talking to Avia and Cody so I sat them down and I am going to tell them about Hayes not being their father.

"Avia, Cody?"

"Ya mom" Avia said.

"Well I have to tell you something about your father" I replied.

"Is he ok" Cody said fast.

"Yes he is fine"

"Then what is it mom?" Cody said.

"Ya mom" Avia agreed.

"Ok well when I was 16 I was kidnapped and well we found out that it was this guys Chase that was my ex boyfriend at the time. And he said they he would have a baby with me if it killed him. And he drugged me one night and..."

"Ok mom we get it so what happened did you loose the baby or did he like hurt dad"

"Well that's just what this is about the baby that he put into me was you two and I didn't know until they ran tests when Cody fell and hit his head one day."

"Mom so what your saying is that dad is not our real father?" Avia said pretty sad.

"Yes Avia your real dad is Chase. But legally Hayes is your father"

"Oh well I don't know if I can think of Hayes as my father anymore" Cody said.

"Cody come on a real father is someone who can be there for you when you need it and you do the same for them when they need it too Chase is still in jail to this point"

RING RING RING RING RING RING

"Hello?"

"Yes ma'am is this Mrs. Grier?"

"Yes what is wrong"

"Well you are going to have to come to the police station for your husband"

"Oh my gosh ok I will be right there"

"Mom what's wrong?" Avia asked.

"It's your father well..."

"Mom like you said if he needs us we will be there like when we needed him he was right there with us."

"Oh Cody that's so sweet, but guys seriously we have to go your dad is in jail"

"Oh my god lets go"

*at the police station*

"How many I help you" the lady at the desk said.

"Hi I am here for Hayes Grier G-R-I...."

"Yes I know"

"Oh ok"

"Ma'am your husband was in a fight"

"WHAT"