5 - Soulmates?

"Wait, WHAT?!" Tatiya screeched. "Tati calm down." I said. "You think Jonny is your childhood friend from 11 years ago? Like, my Jonny? But he doesn't remember you?!" She exclaimed. "Yes. I gave him my book called Sky boy. I lost contact with him until yesterday. In the corner of his book was the initials A.H. I gave him that book 11 years ago." Tati's jaw dropped to the floor. "It cant be a coincidence, I know its him." I said. "So two friends were inseparable for two years. After a tragic event, one moved away, leaving no trace or form of contact behind. They had forgotten each other. Years later they meet again in college. 11 Years after they had last spoken to each other... Z this is fate! What if you two are soulmates?!" She squealed. "Very funny Tati. Jon's is litterally someone I met yesterday. Dont get too ahead of yourself." I laughed. "Technically you met him 13 years ago." She giggled. "Not the point."

"So are you gonna tell him?" She asked. "No. I dont think he remember me me at all. It would be like trying to teach calculus to a kindergartner." I said, which made her laugh. "There has to be some reason for this. Why would your childhood bestfriend appear 11 years later, without any contact, both of you coming from completely different states that are miles away from here, end up in the same college, and the same dorm room?!" She cried. "Tati, As crazy as it sounds, It doesn't mean anything. It's just a reunion. Nothing special." I explained. "Yea keep telling yourself that." She scoffed. "That boy is gonna be helpless for you." She smirked. "Yea right. Well, it wouldnt be the first time. I really dont want another lovesick roommate." I said. "But Jonny's... different." Tati mumbled the last part. "Yea, he's probably straight-" She snorted and tried to contain her laughter. "What's so funny?" I asked. Tati's face was turning red. Suddenly she burst into laughter. "Jonathan Lark, STRAIGHT?! HA! that's a good one!" She was basically rolling on the ground with laughter. "Jonny is about as straight as his hair." She wiped her watering eyes. So I was right before. "I know him. And I know you. Believe me or not, your gonna be helpless for that boy soon enough." I rolled my eyes. "Speaking of which, how do you know Jon?" I asked. "My family moved to South Carolina in my senior year and when I graduated we moved back to our house in New York and now I'm here." She explained. A notification appeared on my screen. "Hey Tats I got a class in 10 minutes." I grabbed my bag and headed for my class.

As always, people are trying to stop me in the hallway and get me to help them with stuff. I smile and thank them, but tell them that I have to get to class. I will admit, the attention is addicting. But I just wish they wouldnt like me for what they see and for who I am. I pop in my earbuds as I get into class. As I get into class, people are waving to me and motioning for me to sit next to them. It wasn't new. I spotted a certain freckled boy in the corner of the room. If he doesn't remember me... why not have a little fun with it? I walked over to him and saw he was doodling in his sketchbook. I sat in the seat next to him and leaned over to see what he was drawing. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw how detailed the picture was. He was drawing a turtle that looked like it could jump right out of the page. Every curve was perfect. "Oh my God you drew that?!" I exclaimed. He jumped in surprise and slammed his sketchbook shut. "I- Uh- H-Hey Z." He blushed. "That was an amazing drawing! I..." I was at loss for words. "Uh... Just... wow." He blushed even more. "Thanks... I dont usually share my drawings with other people... It's not exactly my best work..." he opened his book back up. "That's not your best work?!" I exclaimed. He shook his head. "I'm guessing you like turtles?" He smiled. "They're my favorite." He turned back to his drawing, but then he looked back at me. "Hey, watcha listenin' to?" He asked, pointing his pencil at my earbuds. "Stitches by Shawn Mendes." I said. He smiled. "Would you like to listen?" I asked, holding out the earbud that was out. He took it with a blush. "Sure." We listened to music until Mr. Penn walked into the room.

After class, I started walking back to my next class when someone caught my eye. "Well, well, you must be the new kid." A particular asshole drawled out. Tommy James ... Jon stepped back and was basically looking straight up so that he could see the tower of man. "Excuse me..." Jon's voice was so quiet you could barely hear it as he tried to push past Tommy. He slammed his hand next to the small boy causing him to flinch. "Your a quiet one aren't you? Easy to push around. Won't call for help." Jon looked down at the ground and tried to get away from Tommy, but he was cornered. "Where are you going so soon? I havent even had a little fun yet~" he cooed and stroked Jon's cheek. "Just please leave me alone." Jon slapped his hand away. The Asshole had the guts to grab Jon and slam him against the wall. That was enough. I stomped over to the scene and stood In front of them. "Didnt you hear him? Leave him alone." I spat. "Or what." He smirked. I grabbed him by the shirt, forcing him to let go of Jon. He grabbed onto my shirt too. "Or your face is gonna become real good friends with my fist." He rolled his eyes. "You hit like a girl." I punched him straight to the gut, causing him to double over and cough. "Last time I checked My face was up here." He laughed. "Keep talking, your face will be up your ass." He let go of my shirt. "You leave him alone. Pick on someone your own size." I let go of him. "Size as in height, or Ego?" He smirked. "If we're talking about Ego, your the size of the empire state building times 2." I led Jon away and flicked the bully off.

When we were away from him, I turned to John. "You okay?" I asked. He nodded. "Thank you Alex... not many people actually stick up for me." He said. "That Big Buffoon just gets on my nerves. He targets the "weak" and those he knows wont fight back. That's why he won't go after me." I explained. "If he ever gives you any trouble, just get me and I'll take care of him." I smiled. "Thank you." He hurried off to his next class.

I got a text before my class started.

Jack: Hey my class ends at 11:15 and my next class doesn't start until 2, So I was wondering If you wanted to grab lunch together after this

I smiled.

Z: My class ends at 11 and my next class doesn't start until 1:45

Jack: So Lunch?

Z: Absolutley

Z: I know a few good places on campus we could go

Jack: Great! I guess you'll be waiting for me then

Z: Indeed I will

I put my phone away just before The teacher walked in. I smiled to myself.

Maybe Tati's right.

I'm screwed with this boy.